Allen Park, MI, US
Advanced Engineering – Other
Mobility & Services Group – Connected Services
Moving mobility forward
We are Aptiv – a new technology company with a proven history of enabling mobility. Operating as Delphi, we pioneered advances in the industry. Now, as Aptiv, we’re more dedicated than ever to bringing the next generation of autonomous vehicles, smart devices and connectivity to life.
Join our innovative team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here’s your opportunity. Join the technology company that’s transforming the future of mobility today.
About the Connected Services Division:
Aptiv is making mobility real. Today’s software-defined vehicles generate a lot of data. It’s expensive to transmit, and it’s not all useful. Aptiv’s Connected Services team is a global provider of telematics and analytics solutions serving the transportation industry. We help our customers identify the data they need to operate more efficiently and produce better products. With teams working across the globe, Connected Services creates and delivers solutions that combine comprehensive data acquisition methods with powerful edge and cloud computing architecture resulting in an enterprise-class solution for fleet management, product development, connected vehicle and data exchange applications. Come join the Aptiv Connected Services team for a unique opportunity to work with and learn from experts, while also significantly contributing to the future of mobility! Mobility has the power to change the world, and we have the power to change mobility. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities to join us!
About this position:
This position will consist of developing and supporting various engineering projects and data acquisition solutions for numerous customers related to the development, validation, and testing of vehicle control systems in the OE and aftermarket sectors.
- Develop or assist in the development of a statement of requirements for engineering projects. Confer with customer to review and clarify requirements.
- Directly modify
components of the data acquisition system to ensure it meets customer design and performance requirements for vehicle system development and validation.
- Research, analyze, and assist in the implementation of innovative methods to collect and present powertrain / vehicle systems data and information, which increases value to the customer.
- Review customer data and reports to verify correctness, completeness, data fidelity, and value
- Interface with data science team to ensure data acquisition system provides required inputs for Control-Tec’s machine learning and predictive modeling algorithms. Assist in development of new algorithms based on customer needs and requirements.
- Gather voice of the customer feedback to specify requirements for new components of the data acquisition system which will solve customer issues and satisfy customer needs related to powertrain/vehicle system development, validation, and testing.
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to root cause and resolve system malfunctions, implement operating procedures, and provide technical information to the customer.
- Conduct engineering tests that will analyze the feasibility, design, operation, and performance of Control-Tec equipment, software, and systems
- Establish and maintain customer/internal data creation standards
- Maintain customer/supplier contact and assist in Supplier Management
- Develop engineering solutions within assigned project(s) scope and timing
- Contribute to project quotes, various reports, presentations, and studies
- Continue to stay current in the latest vehicle systems technology. Our system is frequently used to develop, validate, and test the latest vehicle systems technology including; powertrain, battery systems, Infotainment, active safety, and autonomous vehicle systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree -Automotive, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, preferred.
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Strong knowledge of OE & aftermarket engine, OBD, transmission, EV, ADAS, or vehicle systems calibration, validation, and development.
- Knowledge of product development tools including data acquisition, management, and analysis tools
- Strong written and oral communication skills. This role interacts heavily with external customers, sales/marketing, and internal management.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Must be able to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations to solve customer issues and provide value.
- Ability to see the “big picture” and understand how individual tasks interconnect and impact other parts of the testing process.
Aptiv Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- 401K with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.