Senior Autonomous Driving Localization Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA, US
Advanced Engineering – R&D
Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
What You'll Do:
- Tackle the challenge of autonomous drive through innovative software stacks that interface with all components of the automated driving vehicles
- Design and develop localization and state estimation for autonomous driving systems.
- Implement the prototype localization algorithms in an autonomous vehicle for onroad and simulation tests
- Collaborate with the team of AD algorithm experts in localization, perception, motion planning and platform control
- Show initiative and be a valued leader in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork is the norm
- Build new concepts and groundbreaking solutions that shape the future of mobility
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Robotics, ECE, Computer Science, or a related field; Master’s or PhD strongly preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in C and C++ programming.
- Ability to understand and implement state-of-the-art algorithms.
- Familiarity with Linux development environment.
- Experience in variant Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM, fast SLAM, graph SLAM) algorithms and nonlinear optimization is a plus.
- Research experience is a plus.
- Experience in the design and implementation of variant optimal estimation algorithms (Kalman Filter, EKF, UKF) in a real robotics system is a plus.
- Experience in design and implementation of particle filter and MonteCarlo Localization in a real robotics system is a plus.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and creative thinking.
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.