Director of Test Engineering - Autonomous Driving
Pittsburgh, PA, US
Advanced Engineering – R&D
Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
Our Director of Test Engineering plays a key technical and leadership role in making the vehicle of the future a reality by leading the test engineering team, developing testing tools, technologies, procedures, performing testing and thorough data analysis to ensure the quality delivery of a turnkey, fully autonomous driving system for our customers and enable Mobility on Demand (MoD).
As we expand our global footprint, we are looking for experienced and exceptional engineering leaders with the vision and data-driven decision making to design the test engineering organization, execute the testing plan, lead and grow the autonomous vehicle test engineering team.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead road testing, case testing and unit testing engineering and operations in Pittsburgh
- Lead the test engineering team in Pittsburgh and Las Vegas
- Generate overall test plans of autonomous vehicles
- Build and manage test team
- Track team progress and deliverables
- Lead and support mapping operation
What You’ll Bring:
- Strong management and leadership skill in engineering and operation
- Define and track KPIs for the team
- 5 years’ experience leading a 20 person (or more) team developing or testing software, robotics or system engineering product as manager or higher positions
- Bachelors in Computer science, robotics, software, electrical, mechanical or system engineering background; Masters preferred
- 8+ years’ industry experience in software, or automotive or robotics testing
- Project management using Jira, MS Project, track progress and generate report
- Generate project plan and resource plan
- Identify risks and escalate issue to management