Director of Sales, NAFTA
Allen Park, MI, US
Business Development – Business Team
Control-Tec, a Delphi Automotive company, is a global provider of telematics and analytics solutions serving the transportation industry in the Light-duty, Heavy-duty, Recreational, Agriculture, Locomotive, and Industrial sectors. The CT® solution combines comprehensive data acquisition methods with a powerful edge and cloud computing architecture resulting in an enterprise-class solution for fleet management, product development, connected vehicle and data exchange applications.
Control-Tec’s Qualifier platform enables automotive OEMs to possess the speed, flexibility, reliability, cost savings and collaboration needed to successfully develop today’s software centric machines. Since 2009, Control-Tec has supported the development of data solutions that enable robust design, development and validation for powertrain, vehicle, and electrical system domains. This unmatched expertise of both vehicle systems and data analytics uniquely positions Control-Tec to offer our clients the ability to avoid warranty cost, improve product quality, enhance customer experience and optimize an increasingly connected portfolio.
The Director of Sales is responsible for identifying business opportunities and executing the strategy to grow the business associated within the NAFTA Region. The Director of Sales is accountable for project execution, customer satisfaction and P&L as managed by the Program Managers. The Director of Sales leads all aspects of the sales process in assigned region, while coordinating with other company resources for solution development, implementation, and customer support.
The Director of Sales proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer requirements and satisfaction by engaging key customers in conjunction with Account and Program Managers. This position provides a management-level point of contact for key customers and builds and maintains strong customer relationships.
25% Domestic and International travel required.
- Together with Senior Management, develop, implement and lead business and sales strategies to enable growth
- Builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions
- Grow market share through new customer acquisition and expansion of existing business
- Present to and consult with senior management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and potential customers
- Provide short and long term forecast to support revenue, product and hardware planning
- Develop project quotes for new and on-going business, track project spending, and provide input for monthly invoicing
- Responsible for overall P&L for the region and supporting customer base
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators that will lead to increased profit, and improved customer satisfaction
- Establish positive collaborative relationships with internal team members located at varying locations worldwide to facilitate effective and open communication in support of a superior customer experience
- Support the Software Development, Product Development, and Management teams in the implementation of consistent operating procedures, resolve system anomalies, and develop new products with consistency across customers
- Maintain an effective and clear understanding of industry regulations, market trends and competitive landscape
- Elevate and promote the company brand and image
- Attends industry functions, events and conferences, and provides feedback and information on market and industry trends
- Excellent organizational, communication, and problem solving skills coupled with deep technical knowledge in the information technology, software development, automotive, industrial, heavy duty and other related applicable markets
- Must have bachelor’s degree in engineering, sales, or business
- MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years industry experience
- Must have strong power-train and transportation industry knowledge.
- Long sales cycle experience a plus.
CONTROLTEC offers a comprehensive and industry leading benefits package. In addition we provide flexible work schedules, generous time off and an environment that promotes ingenuity and fun! To learn more about our company, our progressive culture and to apply online, visit our website at www.control-tec.com