Senior Embedded Developer C/C++
Allen Park, MI, US
Advanced Engineering – Software
Control-Tec, an Aptiv company, is a global provider of telematics and analytics solutions serving the transportation industry in the Light-duty, Heavy-duty, Recreational, Agriculture, Locomotive, and Industrial sectors. The CT® solution combines comprehensive data acquisition methods with a powerful edge and cloud computing architecture resulting in an enterprise-class solution for fleet management, product development, connected vehicle and data exchange applications.
Control-Tec’s Qualifier platform enables automotive OEMs to possess the speed, flexibility, reliability, cost savings and collaboration needed to successfully develop today’s software centric machines. Since 2009, Control-Tec has supported the development of data solutions that enable robust design, development and validation for powertrain, vehicle, and electrical system domains. This unmatched expertise of both vehicle systems and data analytics uniquely positions Control-Tec to offer our clients the ability to avoid warranty cost, improve product quality, enhance customer experience and optimize an increasingly connected portfolio.
The C/C++ developer is primarily responsible for programming, implementing, testing and maintaining data collection and network communication software running on embedded Linux platforms.
- Work as a member of a team designing and developing data acquisition and secure data exchange solutions for machine-to-machine applications.
- Develop software solutions from initial concept and requirements development through to production implementation and support.
- Software issue troubleshooting, problem solving, root cause analysis, etc.
- Adhere to the coding standards and agile software development process.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related degree programs.
- 5+ years of professional experience in design, development, and support of automotive related embedded applications.
- Experience with C & C++, OOP, and design patterns.
- Experience with data serialization protocols like protobuf and FlatBuffers.
- Familiarity with embedded system security.
- Knowledge of vehicle diagnostics and automotive networks, such as CAN.
- Experience writing unit test cases using gtest.
- Experience with Software Coding Standards (MISRA, CERT C++, etc).
- Strong debugging skills, code optimization, and performance tuning.
- Experience with Git and build tools (make, cmake, etc).
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Have the ability to work under pressure with strict timelines.
- Experience with Linux and Systems programming.
- Experience with Legato platform and Yocto toolset.
- Familiar with scripting languages like Bash and Python.
CONTROLTEC offers a comprehensive and industry leading benefits package. In addition, we provide flexible work schedules, generous time off and an environment that promotes ingenuity and fun! To learn more about our company, our progressive culture and to apply online, visit our website at www.control-tec.com