Senior Autonomous Driving Perception Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA, US
Advanced Engineering – R&D
Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
About this position
Our Perception Engineers play a key role in making the vehicle of the future a reality by developing technologies that deliver a turnkey, fully autonomous driving system for our customers and enable Mobility on Demand (MoD). As we expand our global footprint, we are looking for exceptional perception engineering talent to research and apply innovative solutions to our products.
Do you enjoy working with prototypes? Do you have a knack for developing algorithms to identify objects and occlusions? If the answers are yes, we’re looking for you.
What You'll Do:
- Develop perception algorithms to detect and identify objects, etc. for autonomous driving systems.
- Collect data and analyze results of benchmarks, road, and regression tests.
- Partner with colleagues to design innovative algorithms in motion planning, and control.
- Integrate perception software into prototype autonomous driving systems.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Robotics, ECE, Computer Science, or a related field; Master’s or PhD strongly preferred.
- Experience with Radar, LiDAR, computer vision, sensor fusion, probabilistic perception, point cloud processing, object tracking, data association, optimization, and/or machine learning is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in C++, Python or other programming language.
- Experience with MATLAB.
- Experience with mathematical modeling.
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to learn.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and creative thinking.