Autonomous Driving Validation Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA, US
Advanced Engineering – Hardware
Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
The Vehicle Validation Engineer for Autonomous Drive (AMoD) will be responsible for developing the functional test plans for autonomous drive vehicles/systems. This highly motivated individual will work in tight conjunction with the systems and software development teams, as well as the test engineering organization. position will be responsible for the following:
What You'll Do:
- Develop and required vehicle level functional test plans meeting both performance requirements, as well as the safety requirements.
- Implementing industry recognized technics to satisfy the challenges associated with validating non-deterministic systems.
- Contribute to the development of the processes and tools necessary to execute the vehicle validation function.
- Facilitate the generation of the safety requirements for testing from the functional requirements.
- Properly documenting all test procedures, working within the prescribed tracking system, and insuring test result traceability.
- Communicate with management all validation test issues (cost, timing, failures, etc.).
What You'll Bring:
- BS degree in Electrical, Computer, or Mechanical Engineering required; MS recommended
- Minimum 3 years of test/validation work experience required; automotive preferred
- Experience with test plan development for non-deterministic systems
- Excellent Communications Skills (both oral and written)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to travel on short notice