Autonomous Vehicle Hardware Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA, US
Advanced Engineering – Hardware
Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
Our Hardware Engineers play a key role in making the vehicle of the future a reality by working on technologies that deliver a turnkey, fully autonomous driving system for our customers and enable Mobility on Demand. As we expand our global footprint, we are looking for exceptional hardware engineering talent to help us set the foundation and direction for the future of our technology.
Do you enjoy component and system design and implementation? Are you interested in the future of technology? If the answers are yes, we’re looking for you.
How You’ll Make a Difference
- Design and fabricate mechanical or electrical components and systems for next-generation benchtop and in-vehicle prototypes, such as mechatronic systems for automated driving.
- Work with customers, suppliers, and technology partners to integrate systems in vehicles
- Perform initial testing and debugging of newly-assembled systems
- Manage and maintain engineering and development vehicles
- Oversee acquisition and installation of tools, machinery, equipment
- Create fixtures, process changes and design changes to improve assembly
- Create and maintain assembly procedures and service documentation
- Source suppliers and parts and create documentation for outsourced components
- Make improvements to existing designs thorough root cause problem solving process
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
- Experience designing and fabricating prototypes
- Ability to operate machine tools (mill, press, CNC, etc.), as well as standard mechanic’s and power tools
- Comfortable debugging, disassembling, modifying, and installing electrical and mechanical systems in vehicles
- Ability to work effectively within rigid design, integration, and time constraints
- Basic knowledge of common vehicle electrical and networking systems (CAN, LIN, Ethernet, etc.)
- Self-motivated, organized, flexible, and able to balance and prioritize multiple diverse projects
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.