Autonomous Driving Systems Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA, US
Advanced Engineering – Software
Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
What You'll Do:
- Develop test bench and implement unit test of mechatronic systems, sensors and computers
- Trouble-shoot electrical and mechanical issues in the hardware prototype in vehicle
- Generate requirements for automated driving applications
- Compile, develop and document automated driving requirements in the areas of Systems and Software Development Process, Product and Vehicle Architecture and Design, System Components, Teleoperation, Cloud & Apps, Vehicle Build Process, Vehicle Checkout
- Design and implement testing of automated driving system
- Manage the progress of prototype development project
- Coordinate and train application engineering team to deploy automated driving system for data collection and demonstrations
- Present system architecture and work with customers to meet their requirements
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 2+ years’ experience in mechatronics system or system engineering
- Experience with electronic system design, implementation and testing
- Experience debugging, disassembling, modifying, and installing electrical and mechanical systems in vehicles is a plus
- Basic knowledge of common vehicle electrical and networking systems (CAN, LIN, Ethernet, etc)
- Ability to quickly and creatively solve problems, independently and in teams, while maintaining quality work
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, organized, flexible, and able to balance and prioritize multiple diverse projects
- Comfortable with basic programming tasks using C/C++
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and project management tools
- Knowledge of mechanical system design include actuators and feedback sensors is a plus
- Knowledge of PCB design, layout and simulation tools is a plus
- Interest in next-generation vehicle technologies, including infotainment, connectivity, and automated/autonomous vehicles is a plus
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.