Vehicle Platform Launch Manager - Autonomous Driving
Pittsburgh, PA, US
Advanced Engineering – Hardware
Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
The Vehicle Platform Launch Chief be responsible for managing the development and release of Aptiv’s self-driving vehicles. This leader will work in tight conjunction with the systems and software engineering teams, to not only develop and execute the vehicle requirements, but to insure that the modifications of vehicles, both new and existing, result in a safe and reliable product.
What You’ll Do:
- Staffing and leading a team of professionals to develop the vehicle requirements, work with supply base to realize/deliver to the requirements, assure that any vehicle modifications result in a safe product, develop the required documentation to release an autonomous vehicle into service.
- Implementing industry recognized technics to maintain a safe and reliable vehicle.
- Lead the development of the processes and tools to analyze vehicle modification and release a vehicle for service.
- Develop a standard set of vehicle service documentation to allow for a vehicle to be properly maintained in the field.
- Participate in the vetting and selection of a bespoke vehicle provider.
- Manage the cost and budget for the department and vehicle development.
- Communicate with management all vehicle issues (cost, timing, failures, etc…).
- Provide the leadership in the areas of formulation and implementation vehicle development.
What You’ll Bring:
- BS degree in Electrical, Computer, or Mechanical Engineering required
- Minimum 10 years of vehicle or vehicle platform development work experience required
- Experience with defining vehicle systems with a focus on chassis and powertrain systems
- Working level knowledge with the application of FMVSS regulations and overall impact to vehicle safety
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing a team of 15 or more
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to travel on short notice