Senior Autonomous Vehicle R&D Engineer - HD Mapping Tools
Pittsburgh, PA, US
Advanced Engineering – R&D
Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
About this position
Our Software Engineers play a key role in making the vehicle of the future a reality by developing technologies that deliver a turnkey, fully autonomous driving system for our customers and enable Mobility on Demand (MoD). As we expand our global footprint, we are looking for exceptional software engineering talent to apply real-time applications (RTAs) to our products.
Do you enjoy working with Computer Vision algorithms? Are you knowledgeable about SLAM (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping)? If the answers are yes, we’re looking for you.
How You’ll Make a Difference
- Build tools to develop HD (High Definition) maps that enable cutting-edge autonomous driving vehicles.
- Work with users and algorithm/application/software/test engineers to develop high-level requirements and translate them into technical documentations to be implemented.
- Design, implement, maintain, test, rollout tools to users and continuously improve them.?
- Write efficient and easy-to-read software.?
- Collaborate with the larger team of AD engineers, gaining exposure to multiple engineering disciplines and working on several projects simultaneously throughout the development lifecycle.
- Show initiative and be a valued team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork is the norm.
- Build new concepts and groundbreaking solutions that shape the future of mobility.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or relevant field.
- 4+ years of software development experience with undergraduate degree or graduate degree with 2+ years related academic experience.
- C++ development experience in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Enabling systems on embedded platforms a plus.
- Experience with Bitbucket and Jira a plus.
- Familiarity with DevOps tools is preferred.
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to learn.
- Knowledge of software engineering process: software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and creative thinking.
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.