Backend Software Engineer
Santa Monica, CA, US
Advanced Engineering – Applications and Services (Software)
nuTonomy aims to be the first company in the world to launch an autonomous taxi system, and we are building up an awesome team to make this goal a reality. We are developing the first-of-its-kind complete solution for providing point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles. This includes software for autonomous vehicles, smartphone-based ride hailing, fleet management, and teleoperation. The company's software has been tested extensively on public roads in the U.S. and Singapore. We offer a unique opportunity to work closely with experts from a wide array of backgrounds, to create ground-breaking technology with potential for huge impact. As a member of a fast-growing start-up, you will be able to make a large contribution to the final product. For more information about nuTonomy, visit: www.nutonomy.com
nuTonomy is looking for a talented Backend Software Engineer to develop scalable cloud microservices to process and monitor real time data from our fleet of autonomous vehicles.
We are developing a suite of services to allow for real time ingestion of telemetry and imagery from our fleet of AVs. This data will be distributed to a diverse set of front end tools to allow for fleet management and remote monitoring applications. We are seeking developers who enjoy working with a fast moving team interfacing with customers and research scientists to produce the next evolution in transportation services.
Things you'll get to work on:
- Support full software development lifecycle
- Work with team to establish system performance metrics to drive development priorities
- Create, improve, and update systems to improve scalability performance and capacity
- Be a resource and guide to less experienced staff or to those with other specialities
Education and Experience we want from you:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 2-5 years relevant experience with RESTful service development
- Knowledge of existing cloud provider solutions (AWS or Azure).
- Familiarity with Serverless Architectures
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, continuous delivery environment
- Experience in participating in cross-functional development teams
- Experience in distributed systems design and architecture
- Experience in troubleshooting and tuning systems
- Good knowledge of C#, Java, or C++ and OOP principles
- Ability to articulate ideas to non-technical audience
- Passionate about scaling software
- Fluent in written/spoken English