VP of People Operations (HR) - Autonomous Mobility
Boston, MA, US
Human Resources – Mobility and Services - Talent Acquisition & HR
Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safe, green and connected solutions which are enabling the future of mobility. The company has 162,000 total employees, of which 25,000 are salaried. Aptiv operates 15 major technical centers and 109 manufacturing locations in 45 countries. The company is geographically diversified with revenues in North America representing roughly 39% of total revenues, Europe representing 32% of total revenues, Asia Pacific representing 27% of total revenues, and South America representing 2% of total revenues. China is our fasting growing region and currently represents roughly 19% of our total revenues.
We have organized our business into two reporting segments, which enables us to provide our customers with both the hardware and software solutions that make the world more safe, green and connected:
Signal and Power Solutions — Revenues of $10.4 billion in 2018. This segment provides technologies that serve as the nervous system of the vehicle, including the complete design, manufacture and assembly of the vehicle’s electrical architecture. This segment’s products include engineered components, connectors, wiring assemblies and harnesses, cable management, electrical centers and hybrid high voltage and safety distribution systems.
Advanced Safety and User Experience —Revenues of $4.1 billion in 2018. This segment provides software solutions that serve as the brain of the vehicle, including providing the critical software development and systems integration necessary to enable passenger safety, security, connectivity, and comfort. The Advanced Safety and User Experience segment includes our newly formed Mobility & Services Group:
Aptiv’s Mobility and Services Group, formed in early 2018, is comprised of 3 teams with an overarching mission of taking on the vast challenges of the emerging mobility space. The focus of this is to drive innovative solutions through the continued development of various technologies to change the status quo. Between our Autonomous Mobility, Connected Services, and Smart Vehicle Architecture teams, Aptiv’s Mobility and Services group brings together a unique set of people, talents, experiences, know-how and confidence to turn ideas into solutions.
Autonomous Mobility is built on two major acquisitions of leading Autonomous Vehicle startups (nuTonomy & Ottomatika), and is forging ahead as a leader in the space. This team has a strong focus on technology development, industrialization, and driving toward a complete product and solution using AVs. This team is also responsible for the world’s first - and largest - public deployment of autonomous vehicles at scale.
Mobility has the power to change the world, and we have the power to change mobility. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey to see the full story.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The Global VP of People Operations/Human Resources will work closely with the leadership and global people operations teams to drive innovation, scaling our people model and adding valued expertise in how we enable the next generation of leaders within our business. This role will lead the Global Human Resources (People & Culture) Organization within the Autonomous Mobility business segment in identifying and driving improvements to our end-to-end employee lifecycle and employee experience. This includes business partnering, compensation, people analytics, continually defining and improving the employee value proposition, employee relations, people development, organizational design and development, restructuring and much more. The VP of Global People Operations/Human Resources will be accountable for leading both regional strategies and managing the local teams responsible for execution of all people topics.
- Lead cross-functional innovation and execution of best practices for our people
- Spearhead and embody our employee value proposition and embed this vision into the employee lifecycle
- Set the tone and direction for the company, alongside leadershipProvide expert guidance on our people management processes
- Oversee our people analytics to provide data-driven recommendations to audiences across levels.
- Provide progressive outlook, programs and plans on performance and development
- Work through the challenges of a rapidly growing and evolving organizationBe a central resource on any HR topics
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 12+ years of experience in HR Strategy, HR Operations Business Planning, and/or Strategic Planning in a fast-growing company in the tech space
- Bachelor degree and advanced degree in related field preferredAbility to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities and growth goals
- High emotional intelligence and robust communication and influencing skills to build relationships cross-functionally and across levels
- Business acumen coupled with great attention to the human element
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically while translating data insights into actionable recommendations
- Experience breaking down processes and identifying key pain points in order to deliver business improvements at local, regional and global levels
- Demonstrated experience in change management
- Knowledge of global and regional People and Talent trends
- High level of integrity; experience working with sensitive and confidential situations; track record of building strong trust and confidence with business leaders and teams
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.