Autonomous Driving Electrical Design Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA, US
Advanced Engineering – Hardware
Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Automated Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
Our Electrical Engineers play a key role in making the vehicle of the future a reality by working on technologies that deliver a turnkey, fully autonomous driving system for our customers and enable Mobility on Demand (MoD). As we expand our global footprint, we are looking for exceptional electrical engineering talent to help us set the foundation and direction for the future of our technology.
Do you enjoy electronic system design and implementation? Are you interested in the future of technology? If the answers are yes, we’re looking for you.
What You'll Do:
- Work independently on design tasks to lead the electrical hardware design and implementation
- Create and maintain schematic and assembly drawings and release within the change management structure
- Design Safety Electronics Electrical Hardware Products such as Microprocessor and DSP Digital Core, high speed memory and video signals, analog and digital control logic, and linear and switching power supplies
- Support hardware prototype builds on benchtop and in-vehicle integration
- Trouble-shoot electrical issues in the hardware prototype in vehicle
- Support product design reviews
- Review customer specification
- Perform worst case analysis and simulation to ensure compliance to customer requirements
- Generate electrical information to ECAD for PCB layout and support ECAD designer
- Create product verification plan and perform testing
- Support EMC and validation testing
- Develop and maintain electrical DFMEA
- Utilize structured problem-solving techniques for test failure resolution
- Present product design, analysis and testing to customer
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years hands on experience with electronic system design, implementation and testing
- Academic focus on circuit design, analog electronic theory digital electronic theory and electromagnetics
- Lab equipment experience with power supplies, oscilloscopes function generators and multimeters
- Possess a strong work ethic to support the Production team design efforts and timing
- Ability to multitask across various project activities and work with a global program team
- In-depth experience with CAN
- Experience with other vehicle communication networks (Ethernet, LIN, Serial)
- Experience with vehicle dash display interface/modifications
- Experience with Altium Designer
- RF Design experience