Senior Manager of Business Development
Boston, MA, US
Business Development – M&S
Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
About this position
We are looking to add a talented Senior Manager of Business Development to our Go To Market and Partnerships team. Reporting to the VP of Global Partnerships and Go to Market, the Senior Manager will play a critical role in shaping how our technology reaches the marketplace, will craft and execute on the deployment of the appropriate strategic alliances and partnerships in a rapidly developing ecosystem, and, as a result, help shape the future of autonomous vehicles in our cities. We’re looking for a leader who is passionate about working in a fast-paced environment with a team of high impact engineers, designers and business stakeholders; the successful candidate will not be shy about digging in on details and actively focusing on execution. We need a thinker and a doer.
Success in this role will come from a high-energy person who uses superb communications skills to work equally well with our business team, scientists and engineers, as well as other internal stakeholders throughout the organization. The key to your success will be your ability to prioritize competing opportunities, supported by strong strategic rationale, as well as the ability to represent the company externally with C-level leadership at partner companies. Your self-motivation, executive presence, creativity, intellectual curiosity and ability to achieve clear decisions in an emerging and undefined market will be your best allies.
Things you’ll get to work on:
- Defining, developing and executing on partnership opportunities across the go-to-market value chain
- Developing business model with input from target market and internal stakeholders
- Supporting regulatory efforts and city relationships
- Act as a key voice in cross-functional project prioritization in a very fluid environment
Education and experience we want from you:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years experience
- Advanced degree (MBA) is a strong plus
- Strong financial and business modeling skills in excel is a must
Skills and traits you will likely already have:
- Demonstrated interest in autonomous technologies, mobility as a service and/or data services industries
- Strong track record in shaping and deploying high-impact partnerships for new technologies and business models
- Business model acumen, as demonstrated by having had significant ownership over go-to-market strategy development
- Highly polished writing ability, excellent presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to achieve and facilitate cohesion and collaboration among many different people & functions
- Confidence, presence, and credibility to earn the respect of colleagues and senior stakeholders, especially within our Business, Technical and Management teams, while remaining “low ego”
- Knowledge of key issues impacting the (automated) transportation space
For more information on this role, please contact Recruiting Manager, Allison Kerzner at: email@example.com
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.