Autonomous Driving Functional Safety Manager
Pittsburgh, PA, US
Advanced Engineering – Hardware
Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
What You'll Do:
- Establish and maintain all functional safety relevant internal and external interfaces (e.g. customer, supplier, development team, manufacturing sites)
- Definition of project deliverables and relevant work products as required by ISO 26262
- Planning and tracking of work packages and tasks in accordance with the safety plan and project plan
- Management and analysis of safety requirements
- Development of safety concepts in accordance with ISO 26262
- Definition of requirements for safety verification and validation
- Support development teams in performing safety analysis and analyzing the results with respect to the technical safety concept
- Responsible for planning and execution of all confirmation reviews
What You'll Bring:
- BS or MS in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years professional experience in automotive software development
- Strong systems / application engineering background
- Working knowledge of Road Vehicles Functional Safety standard ISO 26262 or similar Functional Safety standards (e.g. IEC EN 61508, ISO 13849, US RTCA DO-178B, US RTCA DO-254, IEC EN 62304, etc.)
- Proven track on safety analysis methods (FTA, FMEA, FMEDA)
- Strong mentoring and team building skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills