Autonomous Driving Vehicle Validation and Test Manager
Pittsburgh, PA, US
Advanced Engineering – Software
Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
The Vehicle Validation and Test Manager for Autonomous Drive will be responsible for supervising and leading all aspects in the development and execution of the vehicle level validation tests and test plans for autonomous vehicles and systems. This leader will work in tight conjunction with the systems and software development teams, to not only develop and execute the required tests plan, but to insure that the designs themselves are constructed with testing in mind. This manager position will be responsible for the following:
What You'll Do:
- Staffing and managing a team of professionals to develop and execute the required test plans meeting both performance and safety requirements for autonomous vehicles.
- Implementing industry recognized techniques to satisfy the challenges associated with validating non-deterministic systems.
- Lead the development of the processes and tools necessary to execute the vehicle validation function.
- Facilitate the generation of the safety requirements for testing from the functional requirements.
- Properly documenting all test procedures, working within the tracking system, and ensuring test results traceability.
- Generating and managing an optimized validation test budget through leveraging both internal and external test capabilities and capacity.
- Communicate with management all test issues including cost, timing, success, and failures.
- Provide leadership in the areas of formulation and implementation of testing strategies.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical, Computer, or Mechanical Engineering required; Masters preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of automotive test/validation work experience required
- Experience with test plan development for non-deterministic systems
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing a team of 15 or more
- Excellent Communications Skills (both oral and written)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to travel on short notice