Autonomous Driving Functional Safety Expert - Software
Pittsburgh, PA, US
Advanced Engineering – Software
Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with System Architect, Researchers and Software Engineers to define safe software architectures, design patterns, and the corresponding documentation for the Aptiv autonomous driving system
- Work closely with engineering teams to implement functional and safety requirements in modern C++
- Functional leadership of software engineers at all involved international locations
What You'll Bring:
- BS or MS in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years professional work experience with software development for safety critical systems (e.g., automotive, aerospace)
- Strong experience with embedded software development for safety critical automotive systems in C/C++
- Experience with applicable coding standards like MISRA C/C++, Adaptive AUTOSAR C++11/14
- Experience writing software safety requirements
- Experience with ISO 26262 and software engineering processes like CMMI and Automotive SPICE
- Experience working in the following industries/types of systems: automotive, aviation, security, manufacturing, trains, automotive, oil & gas
- Experience with autonomous vehicles
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.