Senior Embedded Engineer, Autonomous Driving
Pittsburgh, PA, US
Advanced Engineering – Hardware
Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
Our Senior Embedded Engineers play a key role in making the vehicle of the future a reality by developing technologies that deliver a turnkey, fully autonomous driving system for our customers and enable Mobility on Demand. As we expand our global footprint, we are looking for exceptional engineering talent to research and apply innovative solutions to our products.
What You'll Do:
- Work with requirements and prototypes from R&D Controls and Software teams to implement embedded software systems
- Develop reliable embedded software and implement it for specific embedded HW
- Interface with Electrical Engineering team to help program and bring up embedded HW
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related, Master’s a plus
- 5+ years of experience with AUTOSAR, preferred to have worked on VECTOR tools and SW stack
- 5+ years of experience with embedded software programming
- Knowledge of CANbus, Ethernet, Analog and Digital communication
- Stellar C programming skills
- QNX and OSEK experience preferred
- Experience with Infineon Aurix and NXP hardware a plus
- Experience with ISO26262 Functional Safety standards for documentation, process, and implementation