Product Manager - Autonomous Driving
Boston, MA, US
Advanced Engineering – Product Management
Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
About this position
As a Product Manager in Aptiv's Autonomous Mobility group, you will focus on understanding current and future user needs, industry and technology trends, customer and partner requirements, and developing future products that will shape this fast-moving industry. Your leadership will be necessary to manage the development of new, high profile products, considering new features for launch and other milestones to be added throughout the product lifecycle. To do this, you will work closely with designers, engineering, finance, sales and marketing .
You will use research to identify relevant market trends and customer needs, and propose how to meet these needs through a product vision, which defines a product’s features, functionality, and compelling user experiences.
Our Product Managers are high-energy people that use superb interpersonal and communications skills to work equally well with team members, support organizations, internal customers, and executives. They bring a wholistic view and leadership style and are considered a focal point in the organization. Key to your success is your ability to marry creativity with analytics skills to create customer value and finding a way to move things forward amid competing forces.
What You'll Do:
- Leverage deep user, customer, and industry knowledge to ideate new products and support product roadmaps.
- Engage design and user research to gain a deep understanding of consumer behavior and market trends.
- Identify and assess the business value of different strategic scenarios, time sensitive product opportunities, including revenue-generating variants, help define what should be included within our portfolio.
- Assess emerging external technologies and competitors to determine potential impact on Aptiv.
- Utilize strong customer and business acumen to guide the product vision through difficult decision points during development.
- Represent the product team and champion the product through the go-to- market process working with global marketing and sales colleagues to ensure a clear product position and impactful launch.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Advanced degree (MS / MBA) is a plus
- Ideal candidate brings 4+ years experience in Product Management, exposure to both hardware and software, in a consumer oriented product, previous background in engineering, design, or strategy consulting
- Cross functional team experience
Nice to have bonus skills:
- "Information junkie" that thrives on being the first to know about consumer trends and new technology
- Background in consumer electronics, IoT, hardware and software product management preferred
- Highly polished writing ability, very strong presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to drive cohesion and collaboration among many different people & functions
- Understanding of the work involved in product planning, development, and launch
- Confidence, presence, and credibility to command the respect of colleagues and senior stakeholders, especially in Go-To-Market and Engineering teams throughout the world.
- Occasional travel (some international)