Autonomous Driving Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA, US
Advanced Engineering – Software
Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
About this position
The AD Software Quality Assurance Engineer to lead and direct the team in providing independent assurance and appropriate visibility to project teams and to management that work products meet defined quality objectives, and that project team activities conform to defined processes and to approved project plans.
What You'll Do:
- Drive quality and compliance throughout the software development process
- Plan, develop, and coordinate software quality assurance activities and schedules, and ensure adequate resources for the coverage of software quality activities
- Coordinate work globally with other software quality managers
- Provide routine direction, information and guidance to the team in regards to quality standards, policies, and procedures
- Mentor and provide technical and organizational guidance to team members
- Ensure that all software quality assurance findings are documented, monitored to closure, and escalated when necessary
- Execute internal capability assessments (or coordinate external assessments) and ensure corrective actions are addressed, and verify compliance
- Compile and report software quality assurance metrics and trends to the Quality organization
- Interface to customers regarding relevant software quality topics and activities
What You'll Bring:
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Systems Engineering
- 6+ years’ experience in software quality assurance
- 3+ years’ of experience leading a global team
- 3+ years of experience with Automotive SPICE assessments or CMMI appraisal
- Familiar with development process capability maturity models (Automotive SPICE, CMMI)
- Familiar with Quality Management Systems (IATF 16949 / ISO 9001)
- Engineering Quality Assurance experience
- Automotive SPICE or CMMI assessor qualified
- IATF 16949 qualified
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.