In Plant Flash Technician (IPF)
Plymouth, MI, US
Advanced Engineering – Technician
Moving mobility forward
We are Aptiv – a new technology company with a proven history of enabling mobility. Operating as Delphi, we pioneered advances in the industry. Now, as Aptiv, we’re more dedicated than ever to bringing the next generation of autonomous vehicles, smart devices and connectivity to life.
Join our innovative team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here’s your opportunity. Join the technology company that’s transforming the future of mobility today.
About the Connected Services Division:
Aptiv is making mobility real. Today’s software-defined vehicles generate a lot of data. It’s expensive to transmit, and it’s not all useful. Aptiv’s Connected Services team is a global provider of telematics and analytics solutions serving the transportation industry. We help our customers identify the data they need to operate more efficiently and produce better products. With teams working across the globe, Connected Services creates and delivers solutions that combine comprehensive data acquisition methods with powerful edge and cloud computing architecture resulting in an enterprise-class solution for fleet management, product development, connected vehicle and data exchange applications. Come join the Aptiv Connected Services team for a unique opportunity to work with and learn from experts, while also significantly contributing to the future of mobility! Mobility has the power to change the world, and we have the power to change mobility. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities to join us!
About this position:
Responsible for working with Ford team to synchronize all the operations involved in the successful completion of line side, over the air based flash projects including resource coordination, process documentation, tool set-up and deployment, reporting, and ongoing process audits. This individual will also be responsible for installation, test, diagnosis and maintenance of tools within Ford Motor Company vehicle assembly plants and to perform process audits.
This position will require travel within North America, i.e. Canada, United States and Mexico. During new tool launches this will typically be 2-week blocks once a month. Travel is usually planned ahead of time, but may change if plant builds change. Some short notice travel may be required if plants have concerns that need immediate resolution.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Set-up work site and ensure that all workers receive the proper orientation to the site including, but not limited to; process training, required clothing/safety equipment, work hours, time tracking and emergency contacts.
- Provide Ford manufacturing plant support including On-site and remote, planned and ad hoc Support 7 * 24 plant calls/texts. Investigate concerns and work with team to resolve, these may or may not due to circumstances beyond Movimento’s control. Talk through concern with others.
- Train customers on use of tools, website and reports.
- Ability to read technical emails, log files, etc., investigate/troubleshoot concern while working with internal engineering/operations and customers.
- Provide, as a minimum, status updates to management. These communications occur either in a scheduled call-in or in an email progress report and include reports via Ford IPF web page, review log files via Ford IPF web page or on PUMA and any pertinent commentary with respect to the status of the project (e.g., description of physical limitations impacting throughput, number of vehicles that could not be found or updated)
- Ensure a daily accounting of the resources being used for the project including sending a summary of time to Operations on a daily/weekly basis.
- Monitor all the equipment being used on a project to ensure everything is performing at acceptable levels. Report any failures or concerns immediately to Management including faulty PUMAs, harnesses wearing out.
- Build and maintain a positive working relationship/rapport in face-to-face and remote conditions with customer and management to ensure all needs are being met.
- Miscellaneous product support (e.g. repair process, reporting, inventory management, etc.)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proficient in hardware and software troubleshooting. Must be able to read technical emails, log files, etc., investigate/troubleshoot concerns while working with internal engineering/operations teams, and customers (local and remote).
- Ford vehicle diagnostic knowledge a plus
- This position will require travel within North America including Canada and Mexico. Travel is usually planned ahead of time, but may change if plant builds change. Some short notice travel may be required if plants have concerns that need immediate resolution. During new tool launches this will typically be 2-week blocks once a month.
- Build and maintain a positive working relationship/rapport in face-to-face and remote conditions with customers, peers and superiors to ensure all needs are being met. A pleasing personality is a must!
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills. These skills are needed to work with internal teams and customers at different levels in the organization. Must be able communicate with a wide range of people, those who are technical and those who are in non-technical roles.
- Proficient in Microsoft office tools (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook) and information technology skills.
Rewards and Advantages
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- 401K with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.