Project lead for next-gen drug discovery
Project lead /
Full-time (French "CDI")
At Aqemia you will work in a multi-disciplinary team of passionate drug hunters, AI engineers and developers who are committed to our mission of finding many drugs, at high pace, to cure diseases.
As part of our growing team, you will enjoy a fast-paced, challenging, science-driven and creative environment, working at the very forefront of AI & Deep physics-powered drug discovery. This is a tremendous opportunity to bring your own impact on changing the way medicines are discovered and be involved in shaping the direction of our fast growing business and team.
We are looking for highly skilled and collaborative individuals who are naturally curious, have a passion for learning and solving complex problems with a “can-do” mindset.
If this sounds exciting to you, come and join us!
The difference you’ll make
Within Aqemia’s drug discovery portfolio team, Project leads play a critical role at Aqemia as they drive our drug discovery projects.
Objective of such projects is to invent therapeutic molecules (hits / leads) against a given target protein and related disease, leveraging our unique technology combining new Physics and Machine Learning algorithms. Projects can be in collaboration with pharmaceutical companies to invent molecules for their targets, or within Aqemia internal project portfolio.
A project is run by a core team - ie a drug hunter, a project leader, plus part of a Chemist and Biologist - and relies on the technology and ways of working developed by Aqemia platform.
Projects typically last several months and a Project Leader can manage up to 2-3 projects at a time.
What you'll do
- Be the owner of project objectives and progress towards those objectives, including potential recommendation to stop the project if the progress is not good enough.
- Clarify initial objectives, set up work plan and ways of working
- Run the project by applying the baseline technology and ways of working developed by Aqemia’s platform and ensure the feedback from the project is given to Aqemia’s technology platform in a structured and constructive way
- Manage on a day-to-day basis the evolution of the project: challenge team members to reach project objectives in time and provide thought leadership
- Manage the project team (3+ people), including giving regular feedback (good and bad) and coach the team to improve
- Drive proactively the relationship with external partners (Pharma and/or CRO), at operational and management levelsBe the guardian of Aqemia’s ways of working in the team (how to run meetings, take decisions etc)
- Beyond the project, coordinate proactively with other Project Leaders and Aqemia Technology platform to share best-practices and suggest further technological developments to grow Aqemia
- You have a wealth of hands-on experience in project management: 4+ years of consulting experience and / or 6+ years of project management experience in a fast growing environment.
- You have a scientific background (Masters degree in a science field), in any scientific discipline such as Engineering, Machine Learning, Chemistry, Biology.
- You have objective-driven mindset and a high degree of organization, commitment and drive.
Who you are
- You are eager to play an active role in contributing to Aqemia’s strategy to develop drugs for patients.
- You are anxious to bring your wealth of knowledge and skills to the table to inspire and coach brilliant people from diverse backgrounds.
- You are keen to solve tough problems on issues that truly matter.
- You are inquisitive, and proactive with a can-do attitude.
- You are excited to join a small team and make your mark on drug discovery.
- You thrive on working collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary environment that keeps everyone on track.
Our Workplace Environment
• Fast-paced, intellectually and scientifically demanding, results-driven.
• Our Founders boast : 10+ years experience in research at Ecole Normale Supérieure in Paris, not to mention a stint in Oxford and Cambridge / 10+ years experience in strategy consulting at BCG.
• Aqemia has a rapidly growing team of +50 people from world-class institutions (AstraZeneca, GSK, Sanofi, Harvard, Ecole Normale Supérieure, Ecole Polytechnique, BCG)
• Our premises are conveniently located in the center of Paris (1 Bd Pasteur), with a possibility of up to 2 days of remote work.
• We are part of the French Tech 2030 program (https://lafrenchtech.com/fr/la-france-aide-les-startup/french-tech-2030/).
• Working language: English
We are growing fast, if you feel that you don't fit this job description but you’re still excited to join, then please get in touch!
Aqemia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or any other basis under applicable law.