Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Aquabyte is seeking a Senior Embedded Software Engineer in SF to work on embedded architecture and algorithm development. We design and build underwater camera based systems that use computer vision and machine learning algorithms for aquaculture fish farms - primarily focusing on salmon farms. Our products include biomass estimation, sea lice counting, and optimal feeding that help fish farmers better manage their day-to-day operations.
We work on detecting fish and classifying the image quality using machine learning algorithms. These algorithms must run efficiently on our underwater camera system. Additionally, we monitor the external environment through a series of sensors. This data is collected, interpreted and provided to our internal processing algorithms.
This role is flexible and is based out of our SF offices and involves occasional travel to Norway.
- Experience in writing low level code optimized for performance and targeted processing engines
- Software development skills in C/C++, Python
- Experience in Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with hardware bring-up, debug and measurements
- Experience with digital signal processors, micro controllers, and FPGAs
- 5+ years developing algorithms
- Experience with GPU architectures and GPU programming .
- Experience working with autonomous systems, especially with underwater video data.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience at a small & quickly growing startup.
- Enjoy excellent benefits, including equity in the company and a 401k match program
- Participate in a very collaborative environment and partner closely with our Research/Machine Learning Team
- Have a hand in shaping a revolutionary product in its early days
- Get ideas, feedback, and suggestions from passionate and encouraging coworkers
- Travel between SF and Norway
- Architecture of video and still image pipeline
- Data stream encoding for still, preview and high resolution video
- High performance still image capture pipeline
- Integration with machine learning pipeline
- Port of machine learning algorithms to embedded devices
- Linux Kernel configuration
- Sensor data acquisition
- API development
Aquabyte is a venture-backed startup that uses computer vision and machine learning algorithms to optimize fish farms. We are invested and advised by NEA, Costanoa Ventures, Princeton University, and other great investors.
Working at Aquabyte is much more than the benefits program. You will find here great work environment as well as exciting and stimulating engineering challenges. You will work on state-of-the-art technology that we believe will change food production forever!
Join us in our journey to improve aquaculture with AI and automation, and to help fish farmers grow better and healthier food.
If you have any combination of the above skills and qualifications we'd like to hear from you. Apply today!