Software Engineer, Frontend Platform
Remote (US) /
As a Frontend Platform Software Engineer on the Aquarium team, you’ll be responsible for the foundations of our core application: a webapp for machine learning teams to visualize their datasets and collaborate on operational workflows. In order to support data intensive workflows in the browser, such as large scale interactive visualizations and complex query systems, we need tooling and systems that balance performance with internal developer experience. You will also serve as a technical resource and mentor for other frontend developers, guiding them to best practices and raising the bar of our frontend codebase.
Like all engineers on the team, you will also contribute to product feature development. You’ll talk to users, absorb feedback from the sales process, and move us towards a better product.
What you will do
- Build a highly performant and easy to work with web platform for interacting with machine learning data.
- Be a resource for the rest of the team, driving frontend best practices.
- Continually evaluate technologies and tooling, setting direction for how we do frontend development at Aquarium
- Improve developer efficiency by owning internal libraries, frontend build tooling, etc.
- Manage projects and features from end to end, from scoping to delivery.
What you should have
- Extensive experience with React or other modern frameworks like Vue.
- A deep understanding of browser technologies. At some point you dove into something like React’s internals, why the minify config was ruining build times, or how your network request handling was blocking the main render thread.
- Experience building interactive frontend applications, whether B2B SaaS apps or highly engaging consumer products.
- Care and empathy for users. We only exist to make our customers successful.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
Machine learning is eating the world. However, though it’s easier than ever to build a prototype of an ML system, it’s still extremely difficult to build, maintain, and improve ML systems in production to solve real-world problems. Aquarium helps teams ship better ML models faster to enable the next generation of revolutionary AI applications.
Aquarium is backed by top investors including Y Combinator and Sequoia Capital. Our customers span many industries, from robotics to agriculture to construction. We’re looking to grow our team with awesome people who’ll shape the future of Aquarium -- both as a product and as a company.