Full Stack Software Engineer
As a Software Engineer at Aquicore, you help redefine how data is collected and used in the real estate industry. In this role, you need a critical eye for detail with the ability to maintain a holistic approach to your work. You appreciate process but ultimately focus on outcomes. We are a small, tightly knit team and we maintain a fast-paced, data-driven, ever changing environment. If you are hungry to learn and crave responsibility then Aquicore might be the right fit for you.
We will challenge you to
- See the forest in addition to the trees and approach development in a way that emphasizes real value for the organization and all its stakeholders
- Focus on solutions and solve problems rather than just write code
- Develop across the full-stack, from the front-end user experience through back-end object modeling and data relationships
- Analyze data to uncover insights and find ways to share these with our customers in meaningful ways
- Bring to life the platform that allows our customers to collect millions of points of data from live sensors in commercial buildings and utilize the information in helpful ways
We are looking for someone who
- 2+ years of work experience
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Has experience in developing back-end interfaces / APIs / web services
- Has experience with Jenkins, Circle CI, Bamboo or other continuous integration tools
- Has experience developing in Java / Play Framework
- Has experience creating mobile apps, ideally using NativeScript or React Native
- Has a good knowledge of SQL and ORM (JPA/Hibernate)
- Has worked with Github, JIRA or other collaborative development tools
- Has at least basic skills in Database / Linux servers administration
- Is highly responsive and able to work in a virtual environment
- Is a self-starter with the ability to take ownership of projects
- Enjoys technology and cutting-edge software and thrives in a small team environment
Nice to have
- Knowledge of modern approaches to Big Data processing
- Experience with time series analysis
- Experience with cloud infrastructure services AWS / Heroku
Aquicore is a DC based company focused on the cutting edge of smart buildings, IoT Sensor technology, and creating a data platform that will revolutionize how real estate works. Our hardware and software collect real-time information across energy, operational, and environmental conditions within commercial buildings to help minimize the environmental impact and operate buildings more intelligently. Buildings in the U.S. are responsible for almost 40 percent of our carbon emissions; we’re working to create global impact by helping our clients connect to and understand the physical world around us. Aquicore is expanding and we’re excited to bring on talented people who will help get us there.
Our constant innovation and refusal to settle is part of the secret sauce that is the mainstay of our company culture. Aquicore was named the winner of IoT Innovator’s 2018 award for best IoT Cloud Platform in the Commercial and Industrial Category. We are always looking to raise the bar and finding smart talented people is how we do it! We hope you’ll consider joining us on this adventure.
Aquicore offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure were all being rewarded for the work we do. We trust our employees and want to reward them for their hard work. Our open and flexible paid time off policy help us spend time away from the office to come back with a fresh set of ideas. We offer holistic health, dental, and vision insurance.
Aquicore values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. Aquicore is an EEOC.