Washington, DC /
Who we are
Aquicore was founded in 2013 in the early hours of the morning on the belief that smarter and more connected buildings will have a global impact in curbing our climate challenges and make buildings technologically ready for the next century.
We create global impact by bettering the built environment every day.
Our next generation of software which facilitates smarter building operations is used by the largest real estate owners and operators around the world. We are changing the industry from the ground up and we’re looking for the right people to achieve our mission!
We’re amped by the work we do and driven to constantly propel our values and culture. While awards aren’t the goal, we are humbled to be recognized as one of the coolest places to work by organizations such as DC Inno. Our people come first and it’s the combination of our culture and our mission that has been our greatest differentiator. We take our core values as a company seriously and aspire to level-up our Aquicorians in their careers and professional growth.
We are seeking an analytical and driven Senior Accountant to serve as a key member on our Finance & Accounting team to help us record, forecast, and report the financial health of Aquicore. As we grow, we want to create an auditable environment for accounting and finance through efficient processes.
The Impact you’ll have
Through managing and owning accounting processes at Aquicore, you will be able to provide timely insights and observations to executives. This role will be on the front lines of all things financial to help executives make more informed decisions. This role will be on the front lines of third-party relationships.
Who you will work with
You will spend your time engaging with internal and external stakeholders. You will handle relationships with vendors (payables) and customers (receivables). You will work closely with the Controller, along with other members of the General & Administrative Team.
We are looking for…
We are seeking an analytical entrepreneurial minded individual to assist in scaling Finance & Accounting. We hope this individual is competent in technical accounting, familiar with audit, and self-motivated. This individual should have experience owning month end processes.
Ideal candidate would also possess:
- Their CPA
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Big-4 audit experience - preferred
- Experience in communicating with third-parties
- ERP Migration experience
- Mastery of Netsuite
Within 1 Month you will…
- Understand Aquicore’s business and financial drivers
- Attend Aquicore On-Boarding Training. You’ll learn about all aspects of the business with sessions across the different functional groups within Aquicore
- Learn pertinent internal tools (Google Apps, Slack, Zoom, Salesforce, Quickbooks).
- Learn how Aquicore handles customers post-sale to collection
Within 3 Months you will…
- Own a month end close process
- Demonstrate proficiency in Aquicore product, landscape, and offering
- Partner with Controller to kick off ERP migration
- Ownership of all AR/AP processes
- Assist Controller with GAAP research for appropriate accounting treatment
Within 6 Months you will…
- Own the customer accounting and communication process
- Own the vendor accounting and communication process
- Own a majority of the month end process
- Help improve processes and reconcile accounts
- Identify areas of improvement for best-in-practice audit controls
- Enforce Accounting/Financial best practices within the organization
Within 12 Months you will…
- Full autonomy of all Aquicore Finance best practices
- Speak intelligently to the relationship between financial and non-financial KPIs
While the company is working remotely this position would be required to come into the office one day a week.
Is this role not a perfect fit?
Sign up to stay in touch. We have new positions regularly and we’d love to reach out to you first when it opens up!
We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. Aquicore is an EEOC.