Software Engineer -(Remote-US Only)
Washington, DC /
Aquicore was founded in 2013 in the early hours of the morning on the belief that smarter and more connected buildings will have a global impact in curbing our climate challenges and make buildings technologically ready for the next century.
We create global impact by bettering the built environment every day.
Our next generation of software which facilitates smarter building operations is used by the largest real estate owners and operators around the world. We are changing the industry from the ground up and we’re looking for the right people to achieve our mission!
We’re amped by the work we do and driven to constantly propel our values and culture. While awards aren’t the goal, we are humbled to be recognized as one of the coolest places to work by organizations such as DC Inno. Our people come first and it’s the combination of our culture and our mission that has been our greatest differentiator. We take our core values as a company seriously and aspire to level-up our Aquicorians in their careers and professional growth.
We are seeking a holistic and mature software engineer. Someone who can see the forest and trees. We're looking for an analytical individual who is focused on finding solutions, making them scaleable, and likes to play around in the whole stack. Your deep insights with our end user will help uncover meaningful ways to enhance the customer experience.
Who you will work with
As a Software Engineer, you will work as part of our Cloud Engineering team to deliver high quality software. In addition to the pure engineering aspects of this role, you will work closely with our Product Management team to ensure we are planning, prioritizing, de-risking, and delivering the highest business value with each feature. This is not solely the responsibility of one team, and you will work with our Hardware, Data Science, Engagement, and Support teams to ensure that our deliverables are complete, accurate, and meeting the rigorous demands of our customer base.
The Skills we are looking for
- 4+ years of work experience
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Has experience in developing back-end interfaces / APIs / web services
- Has experience with Jenkins, Circle CI, Bamboo or other continuous integration tools
- Has experience developing in Java / Play Framework
- Has experience creating mobile apps, ideally using NativeScript or React Native
- Has a good knowledge of SQL and ORM (JPA/Hibernate)
- Has worked with Github, JIRA or other collaborative development tools
- Has at least basic skills in Database / Linux servers administration
- Is highly responsive and able to work in a virtual environment
- Is a self-starter with the ability to take ownership of projects
- Deep working knowledge and experience working with AWS cloud infrastructure and services
- Experience with time series analysis
- Knowledge of modern approaches to Big Data processing
- Enjoys technology and cutting-edge software and thrives in a small team environment
Within 1 Month you will…
- Complete our training & certification program designed to get you up to speed with our business and our customers. You’ll learn about our business, product, vision, and team, and gain an understanding about how your role fits into the AQ family.
- Speak fluently about our customer segments and the businesses that buy and sell real estate who use our product. Understand the fundamentals about real estate, how buildings work, and why the real estate industry buys and sells iconic skyscrapers across the cities of the US.
- Understand the key personas within real estate who use our product and why they use it.
- Participate in weekly team meetings that get you up to speed with our development process
- Develop familiarity with our current codebases and software applications.
- Implement bug fixes and feature enhancements that deliver real business value in production.
- Establish a regular cadence of reporting your weekly accomplishments and challenges to your manager.
Within 3 Months you will…
- Deliver high-quality code, constructing meaningful unit tests, and generating user interface tests to ensure the success of your team.
- Participate in your team’s successful completion of multiple milestones for a Product team epic.
- Provide mentoring and feedback to team members through code review cycles.
- Collaborate with the Technical Lead and Product Manager to groom and plan the technical components and stories for a Product team epic.
Within 6 Months you will...
- Collaborate with the Technical Lead to plan and guide your team’s engineering resources through the successful completion of an epic milestone.
- Provide suggestions and recommendations to your team’s Technical Lead about component/architectural design based on sound technical theory and reasoning.
- Be able to proactively identify and unblock technical challenges related to scalability and performance of the Aquicore platform.
- Educate, mentor and train team members across the engineering team on engineering trends, industry-standards, and best-practices
- Host an internal Lunch-and-Learn with the engineering team to showcase a new feature, technology, or process enhancement that will benefit the engineering team
Within 12 Month you will…
- Form strong opinions about our Roadmap and what we should be building based on your technical knowledge.
- Become a critical voice and contributor to strategic discussions across Product.
Is this role not a perfect fit?
Sign up to stay in touch. We have new positions regularly and we’d love to reach out to you first when it opens up!
Aquicore values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. Aquicore is an EEOC.