Software Engineer Summer 2019 Internship
Summer 2019 Internship
Aquicore is looking for a summer intern to join our Product team as a Software Engineer. Our engineers are "Full-Stack People" with the drive and capacity to learn multiple languages and function on multiple projects at the same time. Our interns work very closely with our Leads, Directors, and Executives to build and develop next level products to get in the hands of our clients and partners. This internship will last through the summer with the potential for work during the semester based on the interns class schedule.
Aquicore is a DC based company focused on the cutting edge of smart buildings, IoT Sensor technology, and creating a data platform that will revolutionize how real estate works. Our hardware and software collect real-time information across energy, operational, and environmental conditions within commercial buildings to help minimize the environmental impact and operate buildings more intelligently. Buildings in the U.S. are responsible for almost 40 percent of our carbon emissions; we’re working to create global impact by helping our clients connect to and understand the physical world around us. Aquicore is expanding and we’re excited to bring on talented people who will help get us there.
Our constant innovation and refusal to settle is part of the secret sauce that is the mainstay of our company culture. Aquicore was named the winner of IoT Innovator’s 2018 award for best IoT Cloud Platform in the Commercial and Industrial Category. We are always looking to raise the bar and finding smart talented people is how we do it! We hope you’ll consider joining us on this adventure.
We will challenge you to
- See the forest in addition to the trees and approach development in a way that emphasizes real value for the organization and all its stakeholders
- Focus on solutions and solve problems rather than just write code
- Develop across the full-stack, from the front-end user experience through back-end object modeling and data relationships
- Analyze data to uncover insights and find ways to share these with our customers in meaningful ways
- Bring to life the platform that allows our customers to collect millions of points of data from live sensors in commercial buildings and utilize the information in helpful ways
We are looking for someone who
- Undergraduate Junior or Senior in Computer Science
- Hungry to learn a lot in a small amount of time
- Experience in or out of school working on software projects in a team
- Experience working in both front end and back end code
- Is highly responsive and able to work in a virtual environment
- Is a self-starter with the ability to take ownership of projects
- Enjoys technology and cutting-edge software and thrives in a small team environment
This intern would ideally start the first week of June!
As an Aquicore intern you will be able to partake in company all-hands, have 1:1's with our executive leadership team, and enjoy all the perks of working out of our DC headquarters including catered lunch twice a week and nitro coffee on tap. You will also get to learn from some of the best and brightest team members in the DC area. AQ interns are paid at a competitive hourly rate.
Aquicore values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. Aquicore is an EEOC.