Protocol Engineer, Blockchain - Remote
Berlin, Germany /
Full-time - Remote
The Internet has opened the doors for universal, cross-border, and non-violent collaborative effort to fight for our freedom. However, the Internet has also opened the doors for global surveillance and manipulation. We believe humankind should use technology as a liberating tool to unleash all the goodwill and creativity of our species, rather than as a tool to enslave and take advantage of one another. Thus, Aragon is a fight for freedom. Aragon empowers freedom by creating liberating tools that leverage decentralized technologies. — The Aragon Manifesto
Aragon One is a small, remote-only team of people that span a broad range of backgrounds, interests, and geography. We're dropouts and Ph.D.s, craft beer and coffee lovers, living across the Americas and Europe, who are designing and building tools to secure and govern decentralized organizations.
Aragon One has built the leading smart contract framework to build DAOs, with toolkits for developers to seamlessly integrate their apps with DAO functionality, and a decentralized dispute resolution system.
Our protocols secure more than $300M on Ethereum's blockchain and power more than 1500 on-chain organizations — and this number increases every day. Collectively, thousands of users trust us to deliver secure and reliable tools to govern their communities and protocols, and we value this more than anything.
We're looking to hire a Protocol Engineer to join our team to continue delivering on the frontiers of protocol design on and off of Ethereum. We highly value individuals with intellectual curiosity who maintain a strong attention to detail and quality. You're someone with work experience across a variety of technical disciplines that enjoys independence amongst a strong surrounding team.
Your first month will be focused on absorbing as much information as possible and then progressively contributing to larger and larger efforts with more autonomy. You will have the potential to create incredible value within and outside of the Aragon, DAO, and Ethereum communities by contributing to existing projects such as the Aragon Network and Aragon Court, as well as exploring the frontiers with new governance products.
What You'll Do
- Architect, develop, and maintain smart contracts for DAOs, the Aragon Network, Aragon Court, and projects in the broader Aragon ecosystem.
- Perform internal code audits and code reviews, and produce product and best practices documentation.
- Research and experiment with new Web3 technologies to explore new governance mechanisms.
- Understand incentives and thinking out of the box to design robust behavioural mechanisms.
What We're Looking For
- Experience working as a full-stack engineer, with strong backend development skills.
- Proven ability to ship high quality, well crafted code and architecting complex systems.
- Strong testing culture.
- Being passionate about open source and distributed systems.
- Being a detail oriented, autonomous individual with a proactive attitude and a love for time self-management.
- Experience contributing or managing open source projects.
- Understanding of Ethereum, Ethereum security risks and incentives, and the inner workings of the EVM.
Aragon One is part of the Aragon project, a community of DAO creators, developers, and users experimenting with new forms of social coordination and governance. Talk to us at Discord!