The Arbitrum Foundation is an organisation based in the Cayman Islands that is tasked with developing and nurturing the Arbitrum ecosystem. This includes Arbitrum One, an Optimistic Rollup, that instantly scales apps, reducing costs and increasing capacity, without sacrificing Ethereum's security and Arbitrum Nova, which allows for ultra-low cost fees by leveraging AnyTrust technology making it ideal for Social and Gaming applications.
Arbitrum today is the leading Ethereum scaling solution with dominant market share including hundreds of apps on the platform and over 50% of all rollup liquidity.
We are offering an open position for a curious minded researcher to apply their skills to the benefit of the Arbitrum DAO and the wider Ethereum ecosystem. There is no strict requirement on the type of specialist expertise, but the applicant will be required to explain during the interview process on how their skill can be applied. The end-goal of all research output is to provide factual (and well-evaluated) information to help the Arbitrum DAO make decisions and ultimately to help progress the Arbitrum Protocol.
The applicant should be prepared to interact with a global crypto community and use it as input to help inform their research direction. The research specialist will not act as a cog in an academic paper mill and there is no expectation to pursue academic publications. Finally, good research is done with a shovel and not tweezers, so the applicant should be prepared for a deep dive into the world of cryptocurrencies.
What you'll do
- Design, write, and implement technical specifications.
- Proactively implement feasibility or exploratory studies.
- Collaborate with researchers within the wider Ethereum ecosystem.
- Reason, and explain in a public space, about emerging trends in the crypto ecosystem.
- Publish the research, in a respective medium, to the Arbitrum (and wider Ethereum) community.
Who you are
- Relevant research and development experience, in academic or industry settings,
- Doctorate degree is beneficial, but it is not a strict requirement,
- A portfolio of work to demonstrate a track record on your research output,
- Specialist expertise in topics relevant for cryptocurrencies including (but not restricted to) cryptographic algorithms, data science, smart contract development or trust engineering,
- Open-mind approach and willingness to follow the rapidly evolving field of cryptocurrencies,
- Ability, and exceedingly desire to, explain technical topics in very simple terms,
- Desire to support a rapidly growing family of layer-2 technologies,
- Desire to interact and work with all members of the Arbitrum DAO.
- A mentality and willingness to share exciting results as soon as feasibly possible.
At the Arbitrum Foundation, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are essential to our success.
We are committed to building a welcoming and supportive workplace for all employees, regardless of their background or identity. We strive to create an environment where everyone feels valued and has an equal opportunity to succeed and thrive. We encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply and join our team.