Research Associate, Structural Biology
HQ- Cambridge, MA /
R&D- Discovery & Tech /
This Research Associate role functions in the Structural Biology team within the Protein Sciences group and supports the characterization of novel enzymes in order to improve activity. The ideal candidate will creatively and energetically contribute to the fundamental research of these enzymes. The new member filling this position will gain direct experience in the cutting-edge gene therapy field and in the biotechnology industry. We are looking for a motivated researcher who loves the thrill of discovery and wants to build the therapeutics of the future.
- Perform laboratory experiments including expression and purification of proteins and protein-nucleic acid complexes
- Design and run biochemical/biophysical assays
- Perform molecular cloning
- Analyze and present results
- Maintain a thoroughly-documented laboratory notebook
- Bachelor's degree in structural biology, biochemistry, biophysics, or related field is required, Masters degree is preferred.
- Industry experience
- Wet laboratory experience, particularly bacterial transformation, cloning methods, gel electrophoresis, FPLC, etc.
- Familiarity with enzymology principles a plus
- Familiarity with programming languages and computational biology a plus
- Communication skills (written, verbal, visual) are critical to contribute in this collaborative team environment
- Excellent organization skills
- Experience using: Microsoft Office, Statistical software (such as Graphpad Prism or R)
Our values govern the work we do at Arbor, and we’re hoping that they resonate as strongly with you as they do with us!
· Purposeful Action: Start with The Why
· Bold Resilience: Adopt a Growth Mindset
· Humble Authenticity: Start in the Heart
At Arbor, we are discovering, developing and making available to all patients the next-generation of genetic medicines. We are disrupting the field through our proprietary discovery engine to develop a portfolio of differentiated genetic editing and delivery capabilities. We have an unencumbered portfolio of multiple CRISPR based genetic modifiers that can be tailored to correct the underlying pathology of each genetic disease. Our pipeline of genetic medicines will focus on bringing cures to all patients with genetic disease.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
We promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but in everything we do. We’re an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process is free of bias and our workplace is inclusive, positive, and free of discrimination and respecting of all backgrounds and beliefs.