Scientist, Computational Biology
HQ- Cambridge, MA /
Who are we?
We are a next-generation gene editing company focused on discovering and developing potentially curative genomic medicines, with the most extensive toolbox of proprietary genomic editors in the industry. We have the unique ability to work backward from disease pathology and choose the optimal editors or combination of editors for the disease in question. Find out more at arbor.bio.
Who are you?
Passionate, determined, and accountable. Curious, resourceful, innovative, forward thinking, and resilient. Authentic, humble, open-minded and puts team above self. At Arbor, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
We are seeking a Computational Biology Scientist responsible for developing core computational systems that integrate a wide range of analyses and information. In this role, you will be expected to contribute to the design of new experiments and the development of pipelines to analyze high-throughput experimental data, particularly next-generation sequencing (NGS) data. You will be at the interface between Arbor’s computational and experimental teams and will play a key role in project teams spanning early discovery to IND-enabling studies.
What you can expect:
- Perform data analysis of high-throughput gene editing experiments including primer design, on-target efficiency, and off-target prediction and profiling
- Design and develop novel pipelines to analyze next generation sequencing (NGS) data
- Summarize experimental results in clear and understandable ways in multiple formats such as presentations, publications, patent filings, etc.
- Collaborate closely with software, R&D, and automation teams on idea generation, experimental design, and data interpretation
- Maintain production pipelines
What you will bring:
- PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science with biology, or other related field
- 2 years of industry or academic lab experience in computational biology
- Experience analyzing NGS data and building end-to-end analysis pipelines for various types of NGS experiments
- Ability to answer biological questions with computational approaches and communicate the results to stakeholders
- Expertise in Python / R and familiarity with version control systems (git)
- Work effectively both independently and in collaborative environments
- Assess the status and make progress on multiple projects in parallel
- Perform work in an organized, rigorous, efficient, and goal-oriented manner
- Experience with computational analysis of genome editing experiments (on- and off-target)
- Track record of novel algorithm development to resolve computational needs
- Experience in therapeutic development, not limited to gene editing
Our values govern the work we do at Arbor, and we’re hoping that they resonate as strongly with you as they do with us!
· Purposeful Action: Start with The Why
· Bold Resilience: Adopt a Growth Mindset
· Humble Authenticity: Start in the Heart
We promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but in everything we do. We’re an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process is free of bias and our workplace is inclusive, positive, and free of discrimination and respecting of all backgrounds and beliefs.