Berkeley, California /
Active Search /
A Bit About Us:
We are Arcadia Science. Arcadia is a science company founded and led by scientists. Our mission is to transform evolutionary innovations into real-world solutions by openly developing more efficient, replicable, and sustainable ways to leverage the biology of diverse organisms.
We are seeking a Recruitment Coordinator to join our team as we rapidly scale our ambitious science organization. Our ideal candidate has a demonstrable bias toward taking action and successfully getting things done in an organized and thoughtful manner. You will play a pivotal role within our dynamic operations team that fuels an important mission.
Collaborating closely with a dedicated group, you'll harness your unique range of experiences to address challenges and streamline processes. Our collective aim is to revolutionize scientific exploration through curiosity-driven endeavors, and you'll be instrumental in enabling our expansion as we endeavor to triple the size of our team in the coming years. We take pride in our hands-on approach to tackling tough tasks, coupled with a meticulous focus on pinpointing priorities and facilitating crucial choices. Join us in shaping the future of our team by bringing your expertise to the forefront and contributing to our journey of excellence.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to strategically expand our talent pipeline for all roles. Employ innovative sourcing techniques to identify candidates from a wide range of professional backgrounds, valuing skills and potential as much as traditional experience and awards.
- Take the lead in identifying candidates who possess unique perspectives and skills that can contribute to our scientific innovation, regardless of their conventional CV credentials. Actively seek out individuals from non-traditional pathways, recognizing the value of diversity of thought in driving groundbreaking discoveries.
- Engage with academic institutions, industry networks, and professional organizations to establish relationships that foster candidate referrals and partnerships. Develop and maintain a network of potential candidates, continuously expanding our reach.
- Work closely with the Operations team to ensure that Arcadia Science maintains an inclusive and welcoming work environment. Leverage data analytics and metrics to monitor the effectiveness of recruitment strategies. Regularly report on the progress and provide actionable insights for continuous improvements.
- Proven experience in technical recruitment, talent sourcing, or related roles.
- Strong understanding of best practices for candidate evaluation processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to analyze recruitment metrics and optimize strategies.
- Proficiency in using recruitment tools and platforms.
- BA/BS degree or higher.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible and relevant work experience.
- An understanding of the breadth of operational needs that span a startup.
- A background in the sciences (preferably the life sciences) is a plus but not required.
Successful applicants can expect to be compensated between $75-100k per year with equity and benefits, depending on experience level.
The Recruitment Coordinator is part of the Operations team and reports to the Office Operations Lead. The position will require the individual to be on-site at our Berkeley, California headquarters.
Interested applicants should apply using the link below and include a CV, cover letter and answers to the application questions.
Arcadia Science is an equal-opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities. We provide competitive compensation and practical benefits to keep you happy and healthy so that you can do your best work.
Please note that an offer of employment from Arcadia is contingent upon the successful clearance of a reference and background check.