Active Search /
Full time /
A Bit About Us:
We are Arcadia Science. Arcadia is a science company founded and led by scientists. Our mission is to transform evolutionary innovations into real-world solutions by openly developing more efficient, replicable, and sustainable ways to leverage the biology of diverse organisms. Scientists at Arcadia share as much of their research as possible to gather community feedback and accelerate scientific progress.
We have two Executive Assistant (EA) openings to support our CEO (Seemay Chou) and CSO (Prachee Avasthi). These are critical roles as we continue to build out our strategic and operational scope at Arcadia Science. In each role the EA will play a key role in steering special projects in tandem with the executive they support, including communications and logistics for executive driven initiatives. The EA's responsibilities will include internal operations, as well as representing the executive internally and externally. The EA will act as a liaison, orchestrating outreach and managing external relations, including planning travel. They will also be responsible for drafting memos and researching new strategic initiatives. This person should not only be resourceful and adept at creative problem-solving but also thrive in a dynamic, results-focused start-up atmosphere. The roles are inherently fast-paced.
The ideal individual will be a smart generalist who can learn on the fly. They are a quick responder with the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations. They should possess exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, with a focus on clarity and brevity in conveying the essential message. Strong organizational capabilities and the skill to effectively balance numerous priorities is a must. They should strive for efficiency in all they do, including automating workflows where possible. Regular engagement with the CEO or CSO is a key part of this role, necessitating the ability to work well under pressure, managing a wide range of tasks and confidential issues with discretion. This is a high growth opportunity, with the potential to quickly expand in scope and strategic responsibilities.
- Manage and prioritize a dynamic schedule at Arcadia and externally.
- Streamline and improve operational processes.
- Handle a variety of administrative responsibilities with a keen eye for detail.
- Help keep the executive well-prepared and informed about upcoming commitments.
- Serve as a key coordinator, facilitating meetings and communication with others.
- Play an active role in researching and executing new strategic initiatives.
- Draft clear, professional emails and memos with meticulous attention to detail.
- Respond to external inquiries to the executive.
- Organize and oversee the executive’s engagement activities and travel arrangements.
- Flexible to adapt and take on new responsibilities as needed.
- 3+ years of administrative or operational experience, ideally in a startup.
- Familiar with technologies for automating or organizing workflows.
Interested applicants should apply using the link below and include a CV, cover letter and answers to the application questions. The next major review of applications will begin on February 23, 2024.
The expected salary range is $100,000-$140,000 per year with generous equity and benefits, depending on experience level. The position will require the individual to be on-site at our Berkeley, California headquarters. We will review applications on a rolling basis, and the job will remain open until the position is filled.
Arcadia Science is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities. We provide competitive compensation and practical benefits to keep you happy and healthy so that you can do your best work. Please note that an offer of employment from Arcadia is contingent upon the successful clearance of a reference and background check.