Laboratory Technician (Part-time)
Active Search /
Part time /
A Bit About Us:
We are Arcadia Science. Arcadia is a for-profit biology research and development company founded and led by scientists. Our mission is to transform evolutionary innovations into real-world solutions by openly developing more efficient, replicable, and sustainable ways to leverage the biology of diverse organisms.
We are looking to hire a part-time Laboratory Technician to keep our headquarters running smoothly and efficiently to further support Arcadia’s scientific growth. This is a 20 hours/week in-person role at our headquarters in Berkeley, CA. Our preferred schedule is 8:30am -12:30pm, M-F, although we have some flexibility on the exact days and times. The ideal candidate will have prior experience supporting the daily operations of a lab, be an enthusiastic team player willing to jump in wherever needed, and have hands-on experience working independently in a fast-paced setting. This candidate will work closely with Lab Operations and Facilities, as well as provide basic office support.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting Lab Operations by coordinating with chemical waste, biohazardous waste, lab coats/rugs, and compressed gas vendors
- Maintaining a stock of premade media/buffers/broths, etc.
- Managing the dishwashing and sterilization of glassware as well as maintaining a lab stockroom
- Supporting Facility Operations by doing routine walks around the lab and office spaces
- Manage daily incoming packages and receive them in our purchasing software
- Supporting Office Operations and Facilities by being attentive to general building needs and on-site events
- Managing the office stockroom of snacks
- Other operational tasks for Arcadia as needed
- Equivalent of 1+ years full-time of experience in lab setting
- Knowledge of general maintenance methods and safety precautions
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and be flexible to support both lab and office settings
- Self-starter who is an effective problem solver
- Able to lift 30lbs. unassisted
$35 - $40 an hour
We are seeking a candidate with laboratory experience in any professional field, although a life science-related background is preferred. The Laboratory Technician can expect to be compensated $35-40/hr based on experience. This position will require the individual to be on-site 4-5 days a week at our current location in Berkeley, California.
Interested applicants should apply using the link below and include a resume that addresses their interest and qualifications for the position. Arcadia Science is an equal opportunity employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities. We provide competitive compensation and practical benefits to keep you happy and healthy so that you can do your best work.