Berkeley, California /
Active Search /
A Bit About Us:
We are Arcadia Science. Arcadia is a for-profit biology research and development company founded and led by scientists. Our mission is to transform evolutionary innovations into real-world solutions by openly developing more efficient, replicable, and sustainable ways to leverage the biology of diverse organisms.
We are looking to hire a full-time Facilities Manager to keep our headquarters running smoothly and efficiently to further support Arcadia’s scientific growth. The ideal candidate will have prior experience overseeing the daily operations of a facility, be an enthusiastic team player, and have hands-on experience working independently in a fast-paced setting.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure compliance with city and state permits, health and safety regulations.
- Understand and oversee all suite systems, including electrical, AV, HVAC, and plumbing.
- Build and manage relationships with building management, building engineers, and service providers and coordinate with them to address facility issues.
- Schedule and supervise preventative maintenance and repair work on systems and equipment.
- Manage badge access and security system: cameras, alarm system, and badge access.
- Develop and implement emergency response strategies.
- Plan and coordinate lab and office installations (telecommunications, furniture, etc.).
- Document processes and procedures for facilities and repairs and keep Arcadians in the loop on progress.
- Assist with any future lab and office expansion projects.
- Occasionally be on-call for morning/evening/weekend projects or emergencies.
- 3+ years of experience in facilities management, preferably involving laboratory operations
- Knowledge of OSHA and other environmental regulations
- Knowledge of general maintenance methods, operating requirements, and safety precautions related to facilities management
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Self-starter who is effective at problem solving
- Able to lift 30lbs. unassisted
- Project management skills preferred
- Experience with a pallet jack preferred
We are seeking a candidate with experience in any professional field, although a life science-related background is preferred. The Facilities Manager can expect to be compensated $110-160k annually with benefits and equity based on experience. This position will require the individual to be on-site 5 days a week at our current location in Berkeley, California.
Interested applicants should apply using the link below and include a resume and a one-page cover letter that addresses their interest and qualifications for the position.
Arcadia Science is an equal opportunity employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities. We provide competitive compensation and practical benefits to keep you happy and healthy so that you can do your best work.