San Francisco Bay Area /
Active Search /
A Bit About Us
We are Arcadia Science. Arcadia is a for-profit biology research and development company founded and led by scientists. Our mission is to transform evolutionary innovations into real-world solutions by openly developing more efficient, replicable, and sustainable ways to leverage the biology of diverse organisms.
We are seeking a Behavior Technician to join one of our translational teams to assist with in vivo experiments and data analysis. The ideal candidate is a professional, collegial individual who enjoys working with mice and works well independently and as part of a larger team. The Behavior Technician will work closely with other team members to identify elements of tick saliva that can be developed into novel skin therapies. The chosen candidate will also have the opportunity to help advance the translational program at Arcadia.
The Behavior Technician will:
- Organize, prepare for, and execute longitudinal behavioral neuroscience experiments
- Work with live mice. Techniques used include subcutaneous injection, isoflurane anesthetization, application of topical treatments, and humane euthanization
- Acclimatize new mice to handling and to the experimental enclosure
- Complete manual and automated analyses of behavioral experiments
- Work with live ticks, including transfers and dissections
- Read and adhere to all relevant protocols, assist with drafting animal protocol amendments and renewals, and ensure mouse health and safety by adhering to all regulatory bodies’ standards for mouse maintenance
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records of every mouse in an online database
- Keep detailed and accurate experimental notes
- Participate in group meetings and discussions
- The candidate should have experience handling rodents, including standard injection techniques
- Relevant undergraduate training in a neuroscience lab or certification is helpful but not required
- Experience in harvesting and handling tissues is a bonus
The Behavior Technician is a full-time, nonexempt position and can expect to be compensated $33-43/hour with benefits and equity based on experience. Candidates must work in person at our vivarium in South San Francisco, California.
Interested applicants should apply using the link below and include a resume and a one-page cover letter that addresses their interest and qualifications for the position.
Arcadia Science is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities. We provide competitive compensation and practical benefits to keep you happy and healthy so that you can do your best work.
Please note that an offer of employment from Arcadia is contingent upon the successful clearance of a reference and background check.