Junior Data Scientist
Remote Friendly /
Engineering – Data Analytics /
Arceo makes companies cyber resilient with smarter insurance and dynamic security. Our AI-powered cyber risk analytics and insurance platform enables brokers and insurers to intelligently assess, underwrite, and manage cyber risks end-to-end. Our mission is to secure enterprises from cyber threats by blending cybersecurity expertise, advanced risk assessments, and risk transfer.
Arceo is privately funded and headquartered in San Francisco, California with offices in New York, Chicago and Baltimore. For more information, visit Arceo.ai.
We are seeking a junior data scientist who is passionate about learning and problem solving and who is eager to apply their skills and smarts to our company's mission. We prefer candidates with proven quantitative and technical ability and potential as well as some data analysis experience. Our data scientists and data engineers are eager to mentor a new teammate who can grow their own career as we grow our company.
This position is full-time. We prefer candidates who are located close to our Baltimore or New York office.
- Become on expert on the data inputs and outputs in our processing pipelines and perform basic system quality assurance testing.
- Apply statistical modeling and exploratory data analysis techniques to a variety of datasets.
- Present data analyses in writing and presentations.
- Prototype and propose new analysis techniques.
- Research information security products and vendors and propose data integrations.
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to help the team deliver quality products.
- You have an undergraduate degree in a quantitative major, such as Statistics, Mathematics, or Computer Science.
- You have some data analysis experience and are very comfortable working in Excel.
- You like to write code and have some experience programming in Python.
- You’re interested in learning about new industries and new technologies.
- You're capable of executing creatively on open ended projects.
We get excited about candidates with...:
- Experience or knowledge of the Cybersecurity or Insurance industries
- Experience developing Jupyter Notebooks and/or using Python pandas
- Experience working on a product development team
- Other technical experience relevant to Arceo, including SQL databases, GitHub, and/or AWS.
Accommodations and Accessibility
We want to ensure you're able to perform as well as possible in your onsite interview. As part of that, if you have any accessibility-related needs to ensure a comfortable visit, please let us know. We'll do our best to provide reasonable accommodations to suit your working style during your interview and if you join our team.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to: Lisa Hill