Vice President, Women’s Merchandising
North Vancouver, BC (Corporate) /
Product – Merchandising /
Your opportunity at ARC’TERYX:
As the Vice President, Merchandising for our Women’s category, you will develop and lead your merchandising teams and drive the creation, development and execution of a global assortment that grows the brand through our design vision while delivering best in class sales, inventory and margin results. You will play a central role in building the strategies and tactics to accelerate our Women’s business globally. You are an inspiring leader that drives and communicates a compelling, consumer-centric product framework plan that is realized through product operations and merchandising execution and flowing into planning and allocations. Your global merchandising strategy establishes Arc’teryx as a world class retailer and guides the representation of our product experience through all channels.
This role is based out of our North Vancouver office and is open to hybrid remote work.
Meet your future team:
You will lead the Women’s merchants in delivering the seasonal product assortment, supporting our overall design and creative direction while driving global sales, gross margin, and inventory productivity goals in all channels. Your team will work closely with Creative, Development and Supply Chain to create best in class seasonal line plans that exceed expectations and guarantee growth. In addition, you will partner with Product Operations, Planning, Allocations, Visual Merchandising, Brand and Commercial Teams to maximize in-season sales performance.
If you were the Vice President, Merchandising now, here are some of the core activities you would be doing:
- Building a team of high performing Merchants to create and implement a compelling and innovative world class product merchandising strategy across your in-line product categories globally.
- Leading the development of the assortment that deliver on our 10-year brand vision in addition to sales, gross margin and inventory productivity goals across all countries and business channels.
- Leading the creation of differentiated product strategies by channel, region and format at scale to achieve revenue and product margin goals through product range, life cycle management and pricing.
- Working in close partnership with Design leadership to bring our creative vision to life in the execution of our line plans.
- Collaborating closely with international buying teams to ensure that regional needs are incorporated into the global line plan.
- Leading the creation of a global product framework and assortment structure that guides merchant execution within retail stores, ecommerce channels and wholesale in order to maximize sales, profit and global brand positioning
- Overseeing product lifecycle and go to market process of all product categories through effective teamwork and partnership with all Product and Supply Chain teams.
- Partnering closely with cross-functional partners in Brand Marketing, Digital, Retail and Commercial teams to ensure our creative vision and merchandising strategies are coming to life with the guest.
Are you our next Vice President, Merchandising?
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of progressive product leadership experience in a global vertical retail environment
- You have a proven track record in developing and leading the execution of a multi-year business strategy
- You have a strong understanding of outdoor apparel marketplace
- You have strong business acumen with the ability to lead in a complex matrix business environment
- You have proven people leadership skills and the ability to build, coach and guide a diverse and high performing team
- You have strong influential leadership, with the ability to drive alignment across diverse cross-functional stakeholders at all levels of the business
- You set a clear vision, align your team around common objectives, and foster commitment to these objectives
- You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues and developing solutions
- You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
- You effectively balance autonomy and collaboration
- You inspire breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement
- You seek the best (sometimes not the easiest) solutions, with an unwavering commitment to do what is right
- Your passion for your work is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it
Arc’teryx is committed to actively creating and fostering a culture of inclusivity where voices are heard, people are seen, and values are respected. We care about the uniqueness of our applicants, employees, and guests, and we do so in a safe space fueled by curiosity and acceptance.
Creating an inclusive workplace is connected to our core value Do Right while also having the added benefit of helping make our business better. We believe inclusion helps us to create a healthier, happier workplace, drive creativity and innovation, and reflect the communities where we operate.
All applicants, employees, and guests can expect equality of opportunity and fair treatment in alignment with our values.
Design your Purpose. Live our Values.
DISRUPTIVE EVOLUTION. Design your future through challenge, experimentation, and inspiration.
COMMIT. Set and deliver on bold objectives as we collectively raise the bar.
LIVE IT. Deepen your connection to nature and live your most purposeful life.
LEAVE IT BETTER. Create a better world, together.