Data Engineering Lead
North Vancouver, BC (Corporate) /
Information Systems – Data & Analytics /
Your Opportunity at ARC’TERYX: As the Data Engineering Lead, you will work with the Data & Analytics team to provide solutions, guidance, coaching, and engineering best practices on the Azure data platform, and other stacks as needed, for integrating data from different sources to create flexible data models. You will contribute to a culture that prioritizes agility, continuous improvement, and customer focus. In a fast-growing organization where dependency on data is growing rapidly, you are comfortable collaborating with and influencing data specialists across multiple business units and domains, while finding a balance between speed of delivery and quality of work.
Meet Your Future Team:
The Data & Analytics (D&A) team collaborates closely with the business to build scalable products for consumption via a standard reporting mechanism. The D&A team as a unit is responsible for understanding business needs and implementing standardized solutions. As our organization grows, we will build the foundations of the analytics data stack, enabling it to become increasingly data driven.
If you were the Data Engineering Lead, here are some of the core activities you would be doing:
- Leading and coaching a team of high energy, enthusiastic Data Engineers with different skillsets including but not limited to Microsoft Azure, SAP BW, etc.
- Playing a key role on the Azure Data Platform Project in designing, building domain models fulfilling business data and reporting needs
- Working with the Data Engineers and Architect on the team to identify correct and standard integration solutions from different applications, sources of truth.
- Building ETL or ELT processes from different source systems (e.g., SAP, PLM, CRM, SQL Server, etc.) on our Data Platform
- Providing technical design and coding assistance to the team to accomplish the project deliverables as planned and scoped.
- Collaborating with the Business Intelligence & Analytics team and leadership to deliver strategic dashboards, operational reports, and predictive analytics
- Working with multiple IT and Product Owner stakeholders to interpret Data & Analytics needs and priorities from a technical perspective
- Striving for excellence in every aspect of your job, including but not limited to culture, communication, quality of products, engineering practices, and tools
- Utilizing agile methodology best practices to deploy tools iteratively
- Seeking out and identifying opportunities for improvements both within the team and within the department
Here are some of the things you could be working on in the future:
- Designing, building, and implementing data products on the Azure Data Platform
- Writing code on Azure Data Platform using Azure Data Factory or other ETL stack
- Providing consultation on future data requirements and/or reporting needs
- Mentoring, training, and collaborating with other members of the team
Are you our next Data Engineering Lead?
- You have an Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent work experience
- You have 5+ years of technical development experience on Azure data Platform
- You have 3+ years of experience in leading teams of Data Engineers
- You have 5+ years of experience in Data Modeling and ETL processes within ERP systems & Modern Analytic platforms: data lake, data warehouse, data mart, dimensional models, ETL processes with SAP BW, BODS or ABAP programs
- You have Agile teamwork skills, and familiarity with Agile processes
- You have proven ability to work in a multi-national, matrix environment
- You have SQL knowledge
- You have retail and/or sporting goods industry experience
- You have strong knowledge and experience in writing SQLs and performing query optimization
- You have the ability to create data flow diagrams integrating multiple systems with the data platform for product creation consumed by the business
- You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues and developing solutions
- You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
- You can balance autonomy and collaboration
- You inspire breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement
- You seek the best (but sometimes not the easiest) solutions, with an unwavering commitment to do what is right
- Your passion for your work is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it
Arc’teryx is committed to actively creating and fostering a culture of inclusivity where voices are heard, people are seen, and values are respected. We care about the uniqueness of our applicants, employees, and guests, and we do so in a safe space fueled by curiosity and acceptance.
Creating an inclusive workplace is connected to our core value Do Right while also having the added benefit of helping make our business better. We believe inclusion helps us to create a healthier, happier workplace, drive creativity and innovation, and reflect the communities where we operate.
All applicants, employees, and guests can expect equality of opportunity and fair treatment in alignment with our values.
Design your Purpose. Live our Values.
DISRUPTIVE EVOLUTION. Design your future through challenge, experimentation, and inspiration.
COMMIT. Set and deliver on bold objectives as we collectively raise the bar.
LIVE IT. Deepen your connection to nature and live your most purposeful life.
LEAVE IT BETTER. Create a better world, together.