Associate Merchant - Temporary
North Vancouver, BC, Canada /
Head Office – Merchandising /
Your Opportunity at ARC’TERYX:
As an Associate Merchant, you support in the execution of a profitable product assortment for our women’s product that aligns with the strategy (as delivered by the Director, Merchandising) that supports our company goals, consumer needs, and focuses on brand opportunities to bring innovative solutions to market. This is a temporary position with a duration of 12 months, with the possibility of extension.
Meet your future team:
Your future Merchandising team is responsible for delivering the seasonal product line for our Women’s, Veilance, and Special Projects categories that supports the overall Design Creative Direction while driving company sales, gross margin, and inventory productivity goals in both our wholesale and vertical channels. This high performing team works closely with Design and Development to create future seasonal line plans as well as Planning and Allocations to maximize in-season sales performance.
If you were the Associate Merchant now, here are some of the core activities you would be doing:
- Supporting the execution of the merchandising strategy across all business units for women’s
- Supporting the successful execution of your dedicated product categories delivering on our 10-year brand vision in addition to sales, gross margin and inventory productivity goals, in partnership with merchandising and planning teams across all global business channels
- Contributing to the management of the product lifecycle for each model from development to commercialization to eventual redesign, replacement or retirement
- Supporting our overall strategic direction on seasonal selling plans, supporting our overall strategies (grow, diminish, hold, exit, launch, sell-thru vs sell-in)
- Supporting communications with international buying teams to ensure that regional needs are incorporated into the global line plan
- Supporting the product framework and assortment structure that guides merchant execution within retail, wholesale key account and digital channels to maximize sales, profit and global brand positioning
- Researching and analyzing the global marketplace, identifying key consumer and market insights to inform the concept work, development and range of new products
- Collaborating with the merchandising team to write and present product briefs for each new product, aligning with the category strategy, seasonal story-telling focus, and Brand Vision
- Gathering global go-to-market product knowledge and provide global commercial teams and partners with sell-in tools and product information consistently across all channels
- Identifying hangtag and packaging requirements seasonally and work with Development, Creative and Marketing to ensure the necessary pieces are created
- Working closely with the other Merchants to complete shared tasks, such as hangtag selection, product and material naming, photoshoot direction, sample coordination, etc., in a timely manner
- Maintaining all aspects of your line list in the appropriate information system
Here are some things you could be working on in the future:
- Supporting the successful execution of the 2023 seasonal merchandise strategy through systems management, active participation in cross functional meetings and sample management for key stage gates.
Are you our next Associate Merchant?
- You have +3 years of experience in Merchandising, Product Development, Wholesale and/or Retail Buying roles (vertical retail experience preferred)
- You have strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- You have effective and efficient time management skills, strong analytical skills, and excellent communication and presentation skills
- You have a strong understanding of the active apparel market within the outdoor industry, and the key outdoor activities we make product for
- You have an excellent understanding of the design and development process
- You have strong leadership and teamwork skills to help facilitate work across many different internal departments and external key accounts and vendors
- You demonstrate the ability to work well across diverse teams and departments to establish consensus or drive solutions
- You are proficient in the use of Adobe and Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint and Excel)
- You are willing and able to travel as required (trade shows, key dealer presentations, key vendor meetings, core consumer events, etc.)
- You are passionate about sustainability, being outside, and the collective power of humanity
- You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues and developing solutions
- You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
- You effectively balance autonomy and collaboration
- You inspire breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement
- You seek the best (sometimes not the easiest) solutions, with an unwavering commitment to do what is right
- Your passion for your work is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it
Arc’teryx is committed to actively creating and fostering a culture of inclusivity where voices are heard, people are seen, and values are respected. We care about the uniqueness of our applicants, employees, and guests, and we do so in a safe space fueled by curiosity and acceptance.
Creating an inclusive workplace is connected to our core value Do Right while also having the added benefit of helping make our business better. We believe inclusion helps us to create a healthier, happier workplace, drive creativity and innovation, and reflect the communities where we operate.
All applicants, employees, and guests can expect equality of opportunity and fair treatment in alignment with our values.
Design your Purpose. Live our Values.
EVOLVE (with us). Design your future through challenge, experimentation, and inspiration.
COMMIT (with us). Set and deliver on bold objectives as we collectively raise the bar.
LIVE IT (with us). Deepen your connection to nature and live your most purposeful life.
DO RIGHT (with us). Create a better world, together.