North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Head Office – Supply Chain
As a Demand Planner, you lead the Demand Review for your respective portfolios or regions. You develop the Demand Plan and the inventory strategy based on the Sales Forecast, Supply Chain capabilities and constraints to support overall business plan, improving product availability for an exceptional customer experience (OTIF/On Time in Full & strong In-Stock availability) while minimizing excess inventories.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- You analyze the historical data, trending information and other available data on product, country, region and channel to develop and maintain an accurate demand plan at SKU level by season, period and beyond.
- You own the Demand Planning Accuracy and its continuous improvement for the responsible portfolio.
- You work closely with Commercial and Direct to Consumer (DTC) teams to create the Demand Plan.
- You integrate feedback from the markets, regions and distribution in a timely manner to accurately capture all necessary business trends in the Demand Plan.
- You collaborate with the Sales Forecasting Team on Sales Forecast Review and Demand Plan finalization, driving forecasting accuracy improvement.
- You collaborate with Sales Forecasting Team and Product Line Management (PLM) team on future product launch preliminary forecasts.
- You work closely with Commercial team on Key Account business planning for the responsible portfolio/region to generate specific demand plans to support Key Account business growth while controlling inventory risks.
- You lead S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) Demand Review process for the responsible portfolio and support the Senior Demand Planning Manager in leading the S&OP overall review process.
- You determine the inventory decisions on the demand plan, as well as the inventory strategy on specific business initiatives; analyze and present the impact of varying demand and supply scenarios on company’s financial goals and provide recommendations.
- You work closely with Commercial and B2C teams on developing excess inventory exit strategy and actions.
- You collaborate closely with the Supply Planning team to confirm supply availability to meet demand projections, adjusting Demand Plan as needed in consideration of Supply Chain constraints while minimizing or eliminating negative business impacts.
- You work closely with other Supply Chain teams on Supply Chain strategies as well as the monitoring/tracking of various demand planning factors that impacts product availability, I.E. Out of stock root cause analysis, with the objective to improve service to the customers.
- You support reporting on Demand Planning Key Performance Indicator (KPI) and beyond.
- You participate in Supply Chain improvement projects and initiatives as they arise
Additional experience, education and/or skills: (Required)
- You have a University degree in Math, Economic, Statistics, Business or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of Demand Planning, Sales Forecasting or Financial modeling experience
- You have outstanding analytical abilities, combined with business acumen; ability to master the numbers as well as relating it to the rest of organization.
- You have the ability to think both strategically and tactically, a persistent attention to detail, ability to work with a high degree of ambiguity and a high level of comfort in working with large quantities of data.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, ability to influence different level of stakeholders
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbally and in writing
- You have advance skills in Excel is required.
- You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues and developing solutions
- You effectively balance autonomy and collaboration
- You inspire breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement
- You seek the best (sometimes not the easiest) solutions, with an unwavering commitment to do what is right
- Your passion for your work is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it
- You have experience in end to end Supply Chain experience; Forecasting, Planning, Purchasing, Production, Distribution, Logistics, and so on.
- You have experience in the Apparel and/or Footwear Industry
- You have Finance experience
- You have JDA & SAP experience
- You have PMP or formal Project Management Designation