New Westminster, BC, Canada /
Manufacturing – Health, Safety, Environment and Facility /
Your Opportunity at ARC’TERYX:
ARC’One, our manufacturing facility, located in New Westminster, accounts for approximately 10% of our global production and employs over 400 people and has been named to the Great Place to Work® Canada 2020 list of Canada’s Best Workplaces in Manufacturing.
We are building our Health, Safety, Environment & Facility Team and that's why we are looking for a Facilities Coordinator to join our manufacturing facility in New Westminster, BC.
Maintain a healthy, safe and orderly work environment is our goal. That’s why, you will proactively support the HSE and Facilities Manager in ensuring efficient day-to-day operations and project management. You equip and empower teams with the support, resources, and information needed for a clean, organized, safe, and inspiring workspace, creating an exceptional employee experience and contributing to our goal of being a truly great workplace.
Meet Your Future Team:
You will report to the HSE and Facilities Manager, and you’ll partner with a Facilities Assistant to maintain daily building maintenance.
If you were our Facilities Coordinator, here are some of the core activities you would be doing:
- Supporting with equipment maintenance (e.g. regular inspections of facilities, fire suppression equipment, PPE, lights, general upkeep), ensuring all equipment and appliances are in working order and coordinating repairs as needed
- Conducting administrative tasks (e.g. preparing purchase orders within budget requirements, updating emergency management plans, Higg FEM sustainability reporting), audits and managing office supplies (e.g. PPE, first aid inventory and fire extinguisher checks; maintaining office inventory)
- Coordinating with internal/external stakeholders and carrying out project management tasks (e.g. coordinating preventative maintenance with third-party contractors and project management)
- Supporting our sustainability and waste management initiatives with environmental reporting duties and continuously seek ways to reduce our environmental impact (eg: partnering with our internal sustainability and green teams and external stakeholders)
- Creating and improving facilities and processes to support overall productivity, employee experience, safety as a Great Place to Work
- Supporting with ensuring overall building security and managing building access
Here are some of the things you could be working on in the future:
- You will work closely with cross-functional teams through 6S audits, sustainability initiatives and continuous improvement efforts.
- You will contribute to Arc’teryx sustainability goals and objectives.
- You will lead more and more projects.
Are you our future Facilities Coordinator?
- Min. 3-years’ experience in a similar role in office and/or manufacturing
- Post-secondary or college diploma in Business, Facilities Management or related field
- You have strong interpersonal skills: you can deal with difficult situations with tact and professionalism, and you know how to create strong relationship with a customer service focused mentality
- You can work well under minimal supervision as well as part of a team
- Evolve is part of your DNA. You are recognized for your continuous improvement mindset and you are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues and developing solutions
- Time management will be your partner to perform project management: you are highly organized and detail-oriented
- OFA experience or willingness to become and OFA – nice to have asset
Design your Purpose. Live our Values.
- EVOLVE (with us). Design your future through challenge, experimentation, and inspiration.
- COMMIT (with us). Set and deliver on bold objectives as we collectively raise the bar.
- LIVE IT (with us). Deepen your connection to nature and live your most purposeful life.
- DO RIGHT (with us). Create a better world, together.