SAP Project Specialist – Operations
North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Head Office – Operations
The Project Specialist will support the Arc’teryx Operations department in the implementation of the new SAP software projects and other supporting tools. Your role encompasses gathering of business requirements and preparing those requirements for the development and implementation of the software, as well as coordinating project team(s) in the implementation of the new solution(s).
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Support the operations streams in implementing SAP and other future tools – including but not limited to manufacturing, demand planning, supply planning, purchasing, warehouse management, distribution and transportation and master data.
- Identify and define business requirements for your steams within SAP and the required information to support SAP interfacing with other tools.
- Turn requirements into user stories that can be used for development of new functionality, and define acceptance criteria for successful
- Identify dependencies of your streams’ requirement across other business areas and assist other departments in defining their requirements.
- Liaise with other streams involved to drive a common business design and data consistency.
- Document the current and future state of your streams’ business processes affected by an SAP conversion.
- Identify operational changes between current and future state SAP and supporting systems, including new required processes.
- Lead your streams through implementation by adopting agile methodologies, and guiding all team members on project guidelines and timelines.
- Communicate regularly to project management about your streams’ status and progress.
- Flag and communicate impediments to achieving plans.
- Support the overall readiness of operations teams prior to project go-live.
- Help determine the optimal go live strategy for different modules
- Lead User Acceptance Testing for operations streams and validate test transactions
- Work closely with BI teams to identify requirements and ensure data consistency.
- Drive the data migration process to load some historical information in SAP.
- Identify where there are gaps between business requirements and SAP, and lead the evaluation of other potential vendors to address those gaps.
Additional experience, education and/or skills required:
- 3+ years work experience within an Operations team
- 2+ years report building or data analytics experience
- Prior implementation experience
- Strong Project Management skills
- You have a drive to learn and participate
- You are an excellent collaborator while also able to work effectively with a team
- You are adaptable and forward thinking
- You have solid knowledge of ERP systems and order management processes
- You are able to step in and take charge with minimum instruction
- You are able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- You have advanced analytical skills with a strong aptitude for spreadsheets
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and exceptional attention to detail
- You are able to travel internationally as required
- You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues and developing solutions
- You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
- You are able to balance autonomy and collaboration
- You inspire breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement
- You seek the best (but sometimes not the easiest) solutions, with an unwavering commitment to do what is right