Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
New Westminster, BC, Canada /
Manufacturing – Production /
Your Opportunity at ARC’TERYX:
ARC’One, our manufacturing facility, located in New Westminster, accounts for approximately 10% of our global production and employs over 400 people and has been named to the Great Place to Work® Canada 2020 list of Canada’s Best Workplaces in Manufacturing.
Our proximity to the Design Center and the hands-on craftsmanship mindset make us a unique and exciting place to work. ARC’One is our laboratory. We experiment, we test, and we produce our new products all under the hustling and bustling production environment. This is where products physically come to life. This is Who We Are.
For our ever-growing operation, we are looking for Industrial Sewing Machine Operators to join our teams.
After 3 months of training in our Training Department you will be assigned to one of our production lines.
Developing your skills is our priority. Thanks to our continuing Learning & Development Program you will acquire new skills on new products (eg: jackets, pants, or gear). And it doesn't end there, you will have the opportunity to move up and why not, join our Warranty, Sample, Quality, Training Teams, our Design Center or become one of our future Team Leaders.
Meet Your Future Team:
Under the supervision of a Production Supervisor, you’ll partner with 10-12 team members to meet all the quality and efficiency standards in sewing different products.
If you were our Industrial Sewing Machine Operator, here are some of the core activities you would be doing:
- By following the Company's procedures of apparel construction as per model specifications and Team Leader and/or Supervisor instructions, you will participate in the making of our key products (eg: the iconic Alpha SV jacket, Outdoor clothing, Veilance products, harnesses and packs).
- Because we have our own equipment, in addition to sewing, you will handle basting and pressing operations
- Quality first. You will review, troubleshoot, and repair any quality control issues with the Quality Control Inspector and your Team Leader and/or Supervisor
- Evolve is our DNA, you will champion it, and you will partner with your team to identify areas of improvement in order to be better than yesterday
- In cross-learning we trust, you will be continually challenged in developing your skills and to be able to help all the production lines, if need it
Here are some of the things you could be working on in the future:
By combining your willingness to learn and our continuing Learning & Development Program, you will be able to climb our 9 skill levels. By going from the pocket, to the front zipper, to our isolated part or even, to our equipment for alpine instructors and rescuers, you will become our “Sewing Master”.
Are you our future Industrial Sewing Machine Operator?
- You have a minimum of 1-year experience in operating Industrial Sewing Machine (eg: Juki)
- Our teams are multicultural so communicating in English is not a problem for you, even if it is not your mother tongue
- The passion for sewing, your attention to detail and the desire to learn and develop new sewing skills is why you are applying
- Your adaptability and flexibility are your strengths and working in a fast-paced work environment with multiple feedbacks, in the same day, does not scare you
- You “think out of the box”: you have this capacity to give your feedback and to propose new ideas