North Vancouver, BC (Corporate) /
Information Systems – Data & Analytics /
Your Opportunity at ARC’TERYX:
As Data Architect, you will design, develop, and support architecture for new and existing Data & Analytics (D&A) platform initiatives. You will oversee the creation and maintenance of robust data stores on the Azure Platform or others as needed, provide strong project management and analytic services to the business, and respond to ad-hoc data requests when required. You will act as a mentor to the D&A team, providing guidance on business processes and data flows.
This role is primarily based out of our North Vancouver office and is open to hybrid remote work. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
Meet Your Future Team:
Within Data & Analytics you will work closely with Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, and Master Data teams to ensure that our architecture meets the needs of our growing enterprise. You will also work cross-functionally within the Information Systems (IS) team and in partnership with business leaders across the organization to ensure that our designs meet the capabilities they require.
If you were the Data Architect now, here are some of the core activities you would be doing:
- Creating and implementing an architecture road map for the Azure data platform that aligns with both data and business strategies
- Developing and maintaining solutions to integrate data between systems of record and the data platform internally and externally, and any integrations with our group-owned systems
- Analyzing our existing data design and suggesting improvements that promote performance, stability and interoperability
- Building and maintaining cohesive data architecture documentation, artifacts, coordination of resources, technical direction and best practices
- Participating in vendor product assessment and selection, providing recommendations based on solution reviews and product comparisons
- Maintaining a governance model on database architecture through training, design reviews, code reviews
- Implementing quality standards for the data platform within the refinement zone including classification and cleansing
- Advocating for data governance, ensuring new business definitions contained within projects are signed off by data owners
- Providing expertise, guidance, and leadership to the D&A team on architecture and integration best-practices
- Keeping up with the market evolution, continuing to learn about new data and technology solutions
Here are some of the things you could be working on in the future:
- Evolving the Azure Data Platform roadmap and best practices related to integration, data models, data storage and other architectural standards
- Partnering with our business leaders on buy or build decisions, when to provide products or services for business units, and consulting on self-service or centralized reporting topics
- Participating in project discovery sessions for IS projects that require an analytics component, ensuring reporting requirements are considered throughout the project’s lifecycle
- Leading MDM tool blueprint activities including creation of conceptual future state MDM solution architecture
- Creating a road map for master data architecture, beginning with the identification and mapping of critical data elements from systems of origin through to reporting endpoints
Are you our next Data Architect?
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Business or similar, or equivalent experience
- You have 5+ years of Data Architect experience on Azure or AWS implementations, or Azure Architect Certification
- You have 5+ years of previous Business Intelligence or Data Engineering experience and an expert-level understanding of BI Tools (Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, etc.)
- You have 5+ years of experience in the vertical retail or outdoor industry
- You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues and developing solutions
- You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
- You effectively balance autonomy and collaboration
- You inspire breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement
- You seek the best (sometimes not the easiest) solutions, with an unwavering commitment to do what is right
- Your passion for your work is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it
Arc’teryx is committed to actively creating and fostering a culture of inclusivity where voices are heard, people are seen, and values are respected. We care about the uniqueness of our applicants, employees, and guests, and we do so in a safe space fueled by curiosity and acceptance.
Creating an inclusive workplace is connected to our core value Do Right while also having the added benefit of helping make our business better. We believe inclusion helps us to create a healthier, happier workplace, drive creativity and innovation, and reflect the communities where we operate.
All applicants, employees, and guests can expect equality of opportunity and fair treatment in alignment with our values.
Design your Purpose. Live our Values.
DISRUPTIVE EVOLUTION. Design your future through challenge, experimentation, and inspiration.
COMMIT. Set and deliver on bold objectives as we collectively raise the bar.
LIVE IT. Deepen your connection to nature and live your most purposeful life.
LEAVE IT BETTER. Create a better world, together.