New Westminster, BC, Canada /
Manufacturing – Production /
Your Opportunity at ARC’TERYX:
ARC’One, our manufacturing facility, located in New Westminster, accounts for approximately 10% of our global production and employs over 400 people and has been named to the Great Place to Work® Canada 2020 list of Canada’s Best Workplaces in Manufacturing.
Our proximity to the Design Center and the hands-on craftsmanship mindset make us a unique and exciting place to work. ARC’One is our laboratory. We experiment, we test, and we produce our new products all under the hustling and bustling production environment. This is where products physically come to life. This is Who We Are.
For our ever-growing operation, we are looking for a Production, Supervisor to join our teams and handling 2 to 4 production lines with each 10 to 12 team members.
Meet Your Future Team:
You will join the Production Department which is in charge to produce the iconic Alpha SV jacket, Outdoor clothing, Veilance products and hardgoods (eg: harnesses and packs). You will directly report to the Manager, Production and you will partner with another Production, Supervisor, and Team Leaders.
If you were the Supervisor, Production now, here are some of the core activities you would be doing:
- We empower continuous improvement. That’s why, you will pursue LEAN manufacturing and 6S principles to proactively partner, communicate, and problem-solve with other departments (such as but not limited to, Engineering, Training, Quality, Maintenance, Product Development etc.) to ensure them of effective and maintain production
- In facilitating change, you trust. You will explain the reason of the change and empower your team members to pursuit it. You will coordinate proper training for new and existing employees in order to nurture new talents and strengthen skill level and foster a collaborative team-based environment which promotes knowledge sharing and cross-training of skills
- You will coach and mentor Team Leaders to manage daily production workflow, coordinate manpower, and ensure work equipment are properly maintained and managed
- Production without KPI’s doesn’t exist. You will ensure that relevant KPI’s are set, communicated and achieved on a regular basis and proactively address issues and concerns for your team
Here are some of the things you could be working on in the future:
You are our future Leader; you will develop succession plans for team leaders and key operations and you will collaborate interdepartmentally to improve production layout and workflow. As you have noticed: you will be expected to be enthusiastic about continuous improvement. That why, we will ask you to design poke yoke error-proofing solutions that can be rolled out across the factory. Above all, you will discover the textile industry behind the scene: sewing, pressing, taping: they will not have more secrets for you.
Are you our next Supervisor, Production?
- You have 5+ years’ experience working in a fast-paced, high volume work environment and 2+ years of progressive experience in a leadership role
- LEAN, 6S and KPIs are familiar for you, and you have working experience working with
- Evolve is one of our values. Facilitating change and Continuous Improvement are your strengths
- A leader at heart, you have marked your previous work experiences through the collaborating and the delegation and empowerment. Together, they allowed you to perform aligning performance for success.
- Working in a multicultural environment does not scare you: you have strong leadership ability and team-building skills with a diverse workgroup