Senior Designer, STATEMENT
North Vancouver, BC, Canada /
Head Office – Design /
Please submit your portfolio as a link or PDF with your application. Applications submitted without a portfolio cannot be considered.
Your Opportunity at ARC’TERYX:
As the new Senior Designer for the STATEMENT team, you be building on key design elements from Arc’teryx’s iconic silhouettes while focusing on special projects to create unique product experiences, reach new demographics, and diversify our community.
Your curiosity and passion for product would enable us to imagine and build innovative, relevant, and resolved designs. You bring an innovative, problem solving mindset to your work in collaboration with our teams. You Do Right through responsible and sustainable design
Meet Your Future Team:
The STATEMENT team, led by Creative Director, Taka Kasuga, design product innovation and stories that create a clear and meaningful expression of the brand. These capsules will engage and position us to gain and be more relevant to a broader audience.
If you were the Senior Designer, STATEMENT, here are some of the core activities you would be doing:
- You collaborate with leadership and key stakeholders to establish and drive category/activity vision and long-term design strategy grounded in Arc’teryx’s purpose and values
- You influence, empower, and support a group of high performing Designers and Design Developers to create comprehensive design solutions that exceed end user expectations
- You drive the commercialization of innovative technologies including materials, pattern/part shaping and construction techniques for existing and future product categories
- You create patterns, mock ups, and prototypes to explore, resolve, or prove new concepts or construction techniques
- You partner with Development Team Managers to gain visibility into cost estimates, MOQs and LOM concerns throughout concepting and prototyping for seasonal products
Here are some of the things you could be working on in the future:
- You bring an understanding of what’s happening in the streetwear and collaboration spaces to inform the development of future opportunities for Arc’teryx, whether it be new capsules or collaborations
- You identify and create innovative performance or technology platforms that underpin product categories
- You will collaborate closely with other Designers to create and bring better toolbox solutions that benefit the brand (eg. new technologies, construction techniques, features, etc.)
- You take ownership of compiling project scope, activities, and expenditures, of projects deemed eligible for submission to funding programs (SR&ED, IRAP, NRC, MITACS, and so forth)
Are you our next Senior Designer, STATEMENT?
- You have a Degree in Design (Apparel, Industrial or Textile Engineering) and a minimum of 8+ years’ hands-on experience designing relevant textile-based products
- You are technically proficient with 8+ years’ experience using Adobe Illustrator, Gerber or equivalent pattern software
- You have advanced knowledge, skill and ability in mentoring others on the Arc’teryx design process, patterning, sewing, garment construction with advanced technical and creative skills to pattern and prototype new products
- You have hands-on experience creating tools and construction methods to assist in solving construction issues
- You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues, seeking the best (sometimes not the easiest) solutions with an unwavering commitment to do what is right
- You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
- You effectively balance autonomy and collaboration
- You inspire breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement
- Your passion for your work is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it
Please submit a portfolio (link or document) with your application
Salary range: $102,000 - $175,000
Benefits offered: Extended medical and dental coverage, 3 weeks paid vacation, and RRSP matching