Merchant, Special Projects
North Vancouver, BC, Canada /
Head Office – Merchandising /
Your Opportunity at ARC’TERYX:
As the Merchant, Special Projects, you will create profitable capsules that align with the strategy that supports our company goals, consumer needs, and focuses on brand opportunities to bring innovative solutions to market. In collaboration with cross-functional teams and external partners, you are responsible for the development and execution of projects that complement a holistic global line plan with a direct to consumer focus.
Meet Your Future Team:
The Statement Team is a collaborative group of high performing Merchants, responsible for bringing exciting new products to market via partnership with our design/development team, as well as external partnership and collaborations. You will work cross functionally with all facets of the business including design/development, planning and supply chain.
If you were the Merchant, Special Projects now, here are some of the core activities you would be doing:
- Support the creation of capsules and special projects by working closely with the design/development teams from briefing through to execution to develop the right products at the right price to deliver at the right time
- Successfully execute your dedicated product categories that deliver on our 10-year brand vision in addition to sales, gross margin and inventory productivity goals, in partnership with your merchandising and planning teams across all global business channels
- Manage the product lifecycle for each model from development to commercialization to eventual redesign, replacement or retirement
- Partner with overall strategic direction on seasonal selling plans, supporting our overall strategies (grow, diminish, hold, exit, launch) (sell-thru vs sell-in)
- Bring together your strong understanding of marketplace, sustainability needs and your in-depth knowledge of the product pipeline to support and drive meaningful collaborations and partnerships
- Support and execute the product collaboration between strategic partners and the Arc’teryx internal teams for the development of new products
- Collaborate closely with international buying teams to ensure that regional needs are incorporated into the global line plan
- Provide a global product framework and assortment structure that guides merchant execution within retail, wholesale key account and digital channels to maximize sales, profit and global brand positioning with your strategies being informed by rigorous data-analysis
- Research and analyze the global marketplace, identifying key consumer and market insights to inform the concept work and development of new products and the range
- Write and present product briefs for each new product that aligns with the category strategy, seasonal story-telling focus, and brand vision
- Develop and deliver product presentations for key calendar touchpoints that inspire and deliver the critical information to our internal stakeholders to ensure successful development of seasonal assets and plans
- Own global go-to-market product knowledge and provide global commercial teams and partners with sell-in tools and product information consistently across all channels
- Support in training and mentorship of the Associate Merchants
Here are some of the things you could be working on in the future:
- You’ll define new opportunities for products and collaborations through solving customer needs by blending your understanding of our line plan architecture with our future technologies and innovations
- You’ll work closely with the planning team to determine model flow and analyze sell through, ensuring we have the right models, at the right time in the right places
Are you our next Merchant, Special Projects?
- You have 5+ years of experience in Merchandising, Product Development, Wholesale and/or Retail Buying roles (vertical retail experience preferred)
- You have strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- You have effective and efficient time management skills, strong analytical skills, and excellent communication and presentation skills
- You have a strong understanding of the active apparel market within the outdoor industry, and the key outdoor activities we make product for
- You have an excellent understanding of the design and development process
- You have strong leadership and teamwork skills to help facilitate work across many different internal departments and external key accounts and vendors
- You demonstrate the ability to work well across diverse teams and departments to establish consensus or drive solutions
- You are proficient in the use of Adobe and Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint and Excel)
- You are willing and able to travel as required (trade shows, key dealer presentations, key vendor meetings, core consumer events, etc.)
- You demonstrate an impeccable taste and are passionate about sustainability, being outside, and the collective power of humanity
- You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues and developing solutions
- You are highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
- You demonstrate the ability to balance autonomy and collaboration well
- You demonstrate the ability to inspire breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement
- You possess the drive to seek the best (but sometimes not the easiest) solutions, with an unwavering commitment to do what is right
- Your passion for your work is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it
Arc’teryx is committed to actively creating and fostering a culture of inclusivity where voices are heard, people are seen, and values are respected. We care about the uniqueness of our applicants, employees, and guests, and we do so in a safe space fueled by curiosity and acceptance.
Creating an inclusive workplace is connected to our core value Do Right while also having the added benefit of helping make our business better. We believe inclusion helps us to create a healthier, happier workplace, drive creativity and innovation, and reflect the communities where we operate.
All applicants, employees, and guests can expect equality of opportunity and fair treatment in alignment with our values.
Design your Purpose. Live our Values.
EVOLVE (with us). Design your future through challenge, experimentation, and inspiration.
COMMIT (with us). Set and deliver on bold objectives as we collectively raise the bar.
LIVE IT (with us). Deepen your connection to nature and live your most purposeful life.
DO RIGHT (with us). Create a better world, together.